Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AC7260 limited access after sleep

MZ4
Novice

Hello,

I have Intel AC7260 and there is a problem: after every wake from sleep mode i have limited access and no connection to the Internet. I can't ping router and any device in the network... Sometimes helps to reconnect but most often I need to reboot :/ Can someone help me please?

431 Replies
MZ4
Novice

Windows 7 x64 here. I'm on v17.12.0.4 and the problem STILL exist.

0 Kudos
SWASI1
Beginner

This is what solved it for my Lenovo U430 Touch.

• Install driver 17.12.0.4 from Lenovo website
  • Remove old driver (17.1.X.X)
  • Install driver 17.12.0.4
  • Check the box that allows the PC to turn off driver to conserver power
    • Checking this off presented another problem: The connection was great but the driver would stop working after every sleep/hibernate status. The only way to activate it was to disable and then enable the driver.
0 Kudos
BKoni
Beginner

SAJIDW, I can also confirm that I have it working perfectly with the 17.12.0.4 driver, EXCEPT when the computer goes to sleep and wakes up again. Device manager displays a Code 43 error. I've tried removing the battery and reinstalling the drivers but nothing has fixed this. U-APSD is disabled and I unchecked "allow the computer to turn off this device".

Frustrating how close it is to working perfectly right now but having it disabled upon going to sleep is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
SWASI1
Beginner

Having it unchecked created the problem. I left it checked on. All my other settings are in default.

0 Kudos
BKoni
Beginner

Yes! Right after I replied to you I read earlier in this thread that you can now turn on U-APSD and let the computer manage the power with 17.12. The only setting I've changed from default is having WMM enabled and it seems to be working well at the moment.

0 Kudos
CSayr
Novice

I thought my issues were resolved...but no. It wakes up fine after sleep now. I changed some settings on my router and updated to the latest drivers. But all of a sudden it's constantly getting VERY slow speeds or dropping to 'Limited' access. I've since rolled back to ancient drivers and it's working fine, but I just want this damn wireless nightmare to be over. Everything I do on my laptop requires the internet!

0 Kudos
FAger
Beginner

I have no problems with speed using the 17.12.0.4 driver. I measure in Sweden at http://www.bredbandskollen.se/ Bredbandskollen since that is the closest site for me, and I receive 97MBit/s up and down, and my ISP promise 100 Mbit/s up and down. Testing internally to / from my server using ftp I get 153 MBit/s / 107 MBit/s, and speed is probably only limited by my router Netgear WNDR3700

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

ShadowXOR wrote:

I've since rolled back to ancient drivers and it's working fine,

There's your answer, isn't it?

I use 16.6. Best driver yet for this card.

0 Kudos
SMons2
New Contributor I

Currently on 17.0.0 and it's waking from sleep no problems (just need to enable the power tick in the device settings). That aside, having horrific throughput issues. Can't stream a simple 720p Youtube videos, let alone go 1080p without the NUC (in which my 7260AC is implemented in) starts buffering.

So. Been using a USB N300 dongle the past few months and that's so far holding up. Just...

As above, it's been over a year since these issues surfaced. This whole reliable-connection debacle started with the 6k series wireless cards all that time ago and here we are with the 7k cards. Not to mention, there are probably a lot of OEMs out there ripping their hairs out in frustration (I know the late Vaio laptops with the 7k series, most with the 7260N cards, suffer from the 'limited connectivity' phenomenon).

There's been no shortage of people providing bug reports, PMing admins etc etc. And yet we're still here with the problem at hand, now over a year old...

So yeah. Rant over, and I'm going to make do with the 7260AC until I can find time to research a Broadcom alternative.

0 Kudos
SBo1
Novice

Ok guys, my sad story with 7260 has happy end. finally. Connection drops , limited access, no connection after sleep and constant blutooth connection drops are in the past. I just get used qualcomm killer 1202 off ebay for 25 bucks and those problems are gone. No any drop in Now 7260 in the trash can , after 6 months of tinkering with drivers and wasting time reading useless threads with no solution. My advice is to stop begging for drivers, they will never pop up, i think the card is a crap and have some bug in it, just replace it with any other product and save your time for something more important =)

Intel , you sucks ! It happens really rare but in this case you have to recall that faulty crap and replace it or refund your customers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The Intel AC7260 should run more than 800Mbit/s !!!

Killer Wireless-N1202 runs up to 300Mbit/s

Killer Wireless-N1103 about 450Mbit/s

What is your point?

I had to re-use to older Intel WiFi link 5100 AGN card, she runs perfectly 300Mbit/s constantly on my TP-LINK AC1750.

(so my new router was an improvement)

Hoped for the same stability with the AC7260 at an average speed of 800Mbit/s but she is a mood killer if one is used to waking up with a stable wifi network ;-)

I still pray to Intel for solvation !!!!

On the other hand, looking at the specs of AC7260, a dual core Centrino 2 is not on that list, we have a few laptops like that.

Still the 7260 she runs intermittently well on a system like that. Hope that the next driver version resolves the more general issue with the voltage drop after a system wakeup. I bed that my particular issue with the bugger has a chance to be resolved as soon as that happens.

0 Kudos
SBo1
Novice

Since i have 100mbit internet port i dont need more than that =) Under N network 1202 runs perfect and around 10-15% faster than 7260. Ping aslo reduced dramatically.

0 Kudos
RWidm1
Beginner

Lenovo tech support troubleshooted my N 7260 which consisted of making a few settings different on the adapter... such as increasing roaming aggressiveness to "5. Highest" and confirming the deselection of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" settings. We let the laptop sleep and like clockwork, when the laptop woke it did not recognize it had a wifi card.

Lenovo offered to send me a replacement card, but said it would be the same 7260. I asked if there was another card they could send, perhaps the 7265 that appears to have recently been released, since its widely known the 7260 is defective. They said they do not have any info on the 7265. OK then, I said to send the replacement 7260 so at least we could establish beyond a doubt that the 7260s are a defective product (as if there was any doubt). Then Lenovo came back on the line and said they had no 7260s available, and no information on when they might have them to send. In other words, no solution whatsoever.

I then asked what other non-Intel wifi cards would work with the Flex 15. They said none that they are aware of.

So what choice is there but class action and contacting the state attorney general for help? So short sighted. I used to think of Lenovo and Intel as quality companies.

0 Kudos
DKimb
Novice

A quick update...

I've now been running the 17.12.0.4 driver for a little over 6 weeks without a single wake from sleep problem or connectivity issue. The only factor that affects this issue (on my laptop) is to enable the Power Management option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Turning this option off causes the laptop to immediately start having the wake from sleep problem again.

D

0 Kudos
MZ4
Novice

But this isn't solution for the issue :/

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

What issue are you still having?

0 Kudos
Cde_G
Novice

Looks like the universally known issue of the card constantly loosing connectivity (won't stay connected for more than 30 seconds). Mine does this even without the laptop sleeping. It's true though, there is the 2nd issue of having 802.11b like speeds on an AC card. This card has to be the worst train wreck in the history of wireless.

0 Kudos
MS11
Novice

A few of us have had success in stabilizing the connection.

Personally, my success has been around leaving the option in the Device manager checked:

"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

And in using the 17.1.0.19 official drivers WITHOUT the Intel PROSet software (let Windows manage your Wireless connection).

What have you attempted in your troubleshooting?

0 Kudos
GPell2
Beginner

hi !

I have a Dell Laptop with i7 3rd gen and Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 and I have the same issue

the only way I found is to reboot or disable the card from control panel and enable it back

I have tried many drivers w/o a fix

do you have a fix ?

0 Kudos
MS11
Novice

You could try some of the suggestions in this thread, however this thread is specific to the AC7260 card.

0 Kudos
TMayn
Beginner

After beating my head over all the various suggestions like everyone else (to include taping over pin # 20 and # 51), mine ended up finally being stable and working by leaving the "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" under Power Management box checked. I removed the tape from pins # 20 and # 51, too, and it still worked once I had rechecked the power management box. I had unchecked it, since that's my normal default to do so. Kept default settings in Advanced, but changed to: WMM Enabled, Preferred Band (3. Prefer 5.2GHz band), Roaming Aggressiveness (5. Highest), Througput Booster (Enabled), Transmit Power (5. Highest), Wireless device does not disappear when computer is in sleep, etc. Works perfectly, other than not showing 802.11acc in the drop down menus and in netsh, but device speed shows 866.7Mbps, so that's 11ac speed.

Sony Vaio VGN-Z690

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel 17.1.0.19 driver only (no proset)

I also removed my other bluetooth module in the laptop (ALPS), since the laptop would only allow one BT radio to function. When the ALPS radio module was in the 7620HMW BT radio wasn't working, unless I disabled the ALPS module, so I just removed it rather than keeping both devices. BT has worked perfectly.

0 Kudos