Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel AC8265 slow after shutdown and reboot.

GBalu2
Beginner

When using my ASUS UX430UAR, the laptop has very slow wifi speeds. I use the 5 Ghz wifi in my home. In order for my wifi to go back to its specified speed (330 MB/s or so), I have to modify settings in the wifi adapter. I have changed any setting that I thought would work, looking at forums and videos. My laptop goes back to its normal speed, but breaks after shutting the laptop down or rebooting it. This also applies when using ethernet, to which I have a USB adapter (yes, it can support the 330 MB/s down and 15 MB/s up). I have already applied the up-to-date drivers from Intel (I have used wireless drivers from ASUS driver support, but I find they contain many issues and are VERY outdated.), but nothing seems to have worked indefinitely. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GBalu2,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

First, we would like to gather more information about your system configuration including BIOS version, network driver version, Windows* build number, etc.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application in your computer.

2. Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Also, please let us know if the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 came preinstalled on the computer.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GBalu2,

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello GBalu2,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos