Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel AX200 - Wireless randomly dropping connection.

User1582695979821470

I have a dell xps15 9570 laptop with a killer 1535 card(it works great without disconnecting issues). Then i bought an ax200 card and replaced 1535 with ax200. It randomly disconnected from wifi. My home network is solid (other computers and phones work great except the ax200). Sometimes it reconnected to wifi automatically, sometimes i had to manully reboot my router.

I tried everything i can think of(exchanging the ax200 card for a new one, installing newest(or old versions) Intel WiFi driver from the Intel site, installing 1650 driver from the killer site, installing 1650 driver from dell site, setting channel width, setting it to 802.11ac mode, choosing best channel, turning off power saving and packet coalescing, turning off 5 GHZ and turning on 2.4 GHz(and vice versa), exchanging the black and white antenna cables, etc) but nothing seems to change.

Corresponding entries in the event log :

Netwtw08: 6062 - Lso was triggered

FYI, I have uploaded intel ssu scan txt file and wlan report file.

Excerpt from ssu scan third-party logging-System messages:

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MH : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

Excerpt from wlan report:

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network Adapter:  Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MH

Interface GUID: XXX

Connection Mode: Automatic connection with a profile

Profile Name: XXX

SSID: XXX

BSS Type: Infrastructure

Failure Reason:The driver disconnected while associating.

RSSI: 255

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to consult with dell before you can simply change your wireless card.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello User15826959798214700969,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Performing wireless integrations is subject to country-specific legal regulations. Before installing or changing the Intel® Wireless Adapter, you must contact the system manufacturer to obtain approval, step-by-step instructions, and support. It is worth mentioning that the integration may or may not work due to the following reasons:

1. Hardware/software compatibility issues or dependencies.

2. Manufacturer limitations.

3. Driver limitations.

In this scenario, we would like to jump in and provide the following recommendations:

1. Perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi).

Step 1: Get the latest system-specific driver for your computer.

Wi-Fi Driver 21.70.0

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth 21.70.0

Step 2: Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver.

Windows* may have an inbox Wi-Fi driver for your wireless adapter. You can't uninstall an inbox driver (you won't see the "Delete the driver software for this device" option). Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it’s uninstalled.

1. Go to Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter/Bluetooth and choose to uninstall it.
  4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
  5. Restart your computer.

Step 3: Driver installation.

Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
User1582695979821470

Hi, sorry for my late reply. I have bought a new wireless router and tested it with ax200 for several days. So far so good, i have not encountered the network drop issue anymore. Thank you all the same.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello User15826959798214700969,

We are glad to know that your system is working as expected.

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos