Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel AX200 does not connect to certain 2.4 GHz WIFIs

kdn198
Beginner

My HP Omen 2020 Laptop has Intel WI-FI 6 AX200 card. It fails to connect to some 2.4GHz WI-FIs. For a dual-band router, when I try to connect to the 2.4GHz SSID, then it fails to connect to it. But when I try to connect to the 5 GHz SSID of the same router, it connects.

I have update drivers of both Intel WIFI card and Intel Bluetooth card.

I tried to see if the issue would persist when I try to connect to my mobile's personal hotspot. When my phone is connected to a 2.4 GHz WIFI and the personal hotspot is also 2.4 GHz, the Intel AX200 would fail to connect to the WIFI. But when I change either phone's Personal Hotspot to 5GHz or connect phone to a 5GHz WIFI, then the Intel AX200 would succeed in connecting to the Personal Hotspot.

Yesterday, I was successfully connected to a 2.4GHz Router. Then, I left my Laptop in sleep mode and went to sleep. The laptop was in sleep mode for 12 hours. Today, in the morning, I tried to re-connect to the router that I was able to connect just yesterday, but Intel AX200 failed to connect to this device. I have restarted the router several times and restarted my laptop too several times, but the Intel AX200 has failed to connect to this 2.4 GHz Router. This is not an isolated event. This has happened several times before as well. So far, I have been unable to connect to three 2.4GHz WIFI endpoints.

I have attached the .html files that I get after running `netsh wlan show wlanreport` command on Windows. Please check it out. The three most recurring errors that I get when trying to connect to these 2.4 GHz router are:

1. The driver disconnected while associating.
2. The specific network is not available.
3. The operation was cancelled.

You can check the wlan-report html file that I have included for more information. 

So far, I am thinking that this might be an indication of a hardware problem that is either existing or incoming. Please tell me what to do. I still have 3 more months on my Warranty Period.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello kdn198

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share more information with us:

• Do you get any Bluetooth issues?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos