Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX201: Bluetooth headset microphone issue

AlexeyBell
Novice

Hello

I have a Panasonic RB-HX220BEE Headset (bluetooth 5.0) and Intel AX201 built-in adapter. There is a serious problem with recording from a microphone, the recorded sound is very distorted (archive is attached).

I tested this headset on different smartphones and another computer, the microphone works fine with them.

SSU report also attached.

The latest driver for the adapter is installed (22.40.0.2).

Regards,

Alex

7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello AlexeyBell

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

There is some information that we need to continue:

• Did you test different drivers?
  • Did you test both the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer and Intel website?
  • Did it work properly before?
  • Is this the original card that came with the motherboard?
  • Can you test other devices?
  • Does this happen with a specific software?
  • Please provide more information on the other computer tested (their setup)
  • Please provide the exact steps you go through to reproduce this in our labs.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
AlexeyBell
Novice
  • Did you test different drivers?

Yes, I did

• Did you test both the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer and Intel website?

Yes

• Did it work properly before?

No

• Is this the original card that came with the motherboard?

Yes

• Can you test other devices?

Yes I tested another headset (Koss BT539i) with AX201 and its microphone works well

• Does this happen with a specific software?

AX201 and Panasonic headset microphone issue occurs in all Windows 10 programs

• Please provide more information on the other computer tested (their setup)

Everything worked fine on HP Notebook with Windows 10 (Qualcomm Atheros Wireless). Also, there are no problems in operation when connecting to a smartphone Redmi Note 8 Pro and others that I have.

• Please provide the exact steps you go through to reproduce this in our labs.

I plug in headphones and the microphone is not working properly. There is nothing more.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. We're working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
AlexeyBell
Novice

I can provide a more detailed report of the work of my computer with a Panasonic headset if you tell me how to do it. Perhaps you have a diagnostic utility to generate such reports (other than SSU).

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

After checking the information provided, it indicates a compatibility issue. Based on the fact that another headset was tested (Koss BT539i) and it works fine, we can discard the Bluetooth as defective.

Usually, the newer Bluetooth headsets need firmware/drivers to work properly. After some research, we didn't find information on Panasonic's website for the RB-HX220BEE Headset. In this case, the best course of action is to contact the headset manufacturer directly to ensure compatibility with the system and verify firmware/driver availability for the specific model.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
AlexeyBell
Novice

Link to the headset on Panasonic official site https://www.panasonic.com/ru/consumer/home-audio-video-equipment/headphones/wireless-headphones/rb-hx220.html

It's a pity to read that Intel hardware is buggy and you don't want to figure out the problem. This headset works great with any other devices perfectly and only problems with Intel AX201 card.

I have always considered Intel to be a company with excellent hardware and service, but sadly that is not true (

Bratchikov
Beginner

I have a same problem. I tried to connect 2 different external bluetooth dongle: ugreen and buro. Both external bluetooth adapters work well with this Panasonic headset. Issue still reproduce only with Intel bluetooth adapter. Driver upgraded to latest 22.80.0.4 - issues still reproduced.