Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Intel AX201 Wi-Fi6 disconnect and BT lags - Asus UX425EA

Shay2007
New Contributor I

I want to share with you a problem I have for long time with Wifi and BT. and the what steps I made already.

I am using Asus UX425EA Laptop.

I already post the problem before.

Bluetooth problem:

When connect Bluetooth mouse there is random lag, It stop for a sec and then continue.
I try different mouse, such Microsoft Bluetooth, and Microsoft surface ARC.
When I connect this mouse to different Laptop all work fine with no lags.
I try with 3 diffrent router, also when the Wi-Fi is turn off, and with LAN connected with the same problem.

Wi-Fi problem:

When connect to protocol wifi5 (802.11ac) there is random discconect for 5-10 sec.
When the network connect to Wifi 2.4 Ghz all work fine with no discconecting.
I try diffrent routers such: D-Link 224, and Technicolor DGA2232.
Recently I buy Redmi AX6 supporting Wifi6 protocol, and all work just fine!!

Warrenty:
I send the laptop to asus, 2 times already.
(when it was in the LAB Asus saw the problem!!)
First they replace to motherboard but the problem continue.
Second they thought that there is a problem with the Anthena, But still the problem continue.
The main problem is the Bluetooth lags...

Its seems Intel having a spacific problem with the AX201 when connect to bluetooth and working with Wifi5 protocols. probebly Intel need to update their drivers.

Update 22.30.0 (2/23/2021)

I update the recent update from INTEL,
They finaly admit: 

As for the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, The problem Continue!!!
And I try with diffrent more mouse, and the problem Continue.

Thank you INTEL for admiting that there is a problem, But you need to keep working to solve it!!

0 Kudos
61 Replies
Shay2007
New Contributor I

It look like there is an improvement after applying this suggestion:

* Click Windows icon (start)
* Type regedit
* Right click regedit
* Click Run as administrator
* Navigate to =
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0026\5&ed1e05a&0&10\Device Parameters]
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendSupported"=dword:00000000

Hope a formal solution will update soon.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Re:Intel AX201 Wi-Fi6 disconnect and BT lags - Asus UX425EA

Hello Shay2007, I just received an update on this matter.

First of all, let me apologize for all the lateness and any inconvenience this might have caused you.

I just wanted to let you know that as you mentioned previously, there is a bug with the drivers and internally we are actively working on this issue. However, this may take time towards a final and good solution.

In the meantime, some other users reported that the workaround showing in the thread below may help improve the issue. It works in some laptops, but there are also reports that this could create a BSOD on the system:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-i7-Gen-11-Bluetooth-issues/m-p/1274894/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufEtPT1NFQkhCRk9NMDNIfDEyODE1NDB8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M35317"

Since we are working on this matter internally and unfortunately there is no estimated timeframe of when the solution will be available, we will proceed to close this case. 

Please keep checking the thread above since all the updates on this topic and a possible solution will be posted there. 

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Tremain
Beginner

Have you made a stable 5.0 Ghz connection with the ax201 and Redmi AX6? I have tried the ax201 and ax210 with several routers, extenders, etc., but with no luck. Driving me crazy, lol. I've tried Ubuntu 20.04, 21.04, kernels 5.8, 5.10-13. 2.4 Ghz works well although I get the occasional delay but no 5.0. 

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Hello Tremain,

Yes. With the Redmi AX6 router, supporting Wifi-6 I have no problem. and the connection is stable with 5Ghz.

I also face problem with different router supporting 5Ghz (Wifi-5), and I have a lot of disconcerting.

But when connecting 2.4Ghz there is no problem

It seems there is a problem with the driver in general, Bleutooth and Wifi. And Intel dont know how to fix it yet.

0 Kudos
Tremain
Beginner
Thank you Shay. Have you only tested the ax201? I have an ax210 also. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Tremain
Beginner

I am updating the first post because I made a huge error, lol. I had an ethernet cable attached and it was giving me the great speed increase. Ugh.

Now, that being said, I have contacted another who claims his ax201 is working perfect on 5.0Ghz but it is using the ax200 firmware (iwlwifi-cc- instead of iwlwifi-QuZ-). What is everyone else running?

According to Juno Computers, they are getting the ax201 to work with ax at 5.0 Ghz by running 'apt-mark hold linux-firmware' after a clean install but before doing any apt update/upgrade. Unfortunately, I'm not ready to slick my laptop just to test their claim.

0 Kudos
ArthurThorne007

Good day all

I also have EXACTLY the same problem. My laptop is also an ASUS UX435EA and my bluetooth mouse lags.

Please can the developers at Intel get onto this bug ASAP.

I also went the route of ASUS support, even bought another bluetooth mouse and obviously the problem persists - very frustrating problem!

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Hi,

There is no solution yet for windows 10.

It is look like windows problem, I try install windows 11, and the problem solve.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Arthur,

While they may seem similar, every user's issues are different. You have different hardware, different driver mix, different installation order, etc. In addition, Intel Customer Support wants to track each user's issue to completion. They can't do that if you are a rider on someone else's issue. Please open your own conversation for your issue (using the Post a Message button on the main (root) Intel Community page). Please include a full description of your issue, the model of your laptop, etc. in your post.

If you want to save time, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories, generate the report and then have the tool Save the report to a file. Don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work. Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
hv
Beginner

Hi All

Just to say, this issue is not ASUS specific, I experience exalcty the same annying mouse lag to register inputs on dell latitude 9420 with all the bios updates and driver updates available as of today with the ax201 using a logitech mx master2.

Its such a frustraiting experience, I thought it was me but its so annoying, sometimes its teh mouse tracking that lags, other time its the scroll that lags. Its completly random, but does seem to be only when its first moved after about 10-15 secs of not being in use.

The mouse has been rock solid on other devices for the last 2y, and I have it connected to other laptops without any issue.

Just installed the 22.60 driver on the wifi card (bluetooth still showing as 22.30 - not too sure why) and still seems to be the same - lag to register inputs

anything you can do to address this would be amazing.

0 Kudos
hv
Beginner

Updated to 22.70.2.1 Bluetooth driver

hv_1-1629131591432.png

and...

still the same annoying lag, yet the exact mouse is rock solid on other devices not using the AX210

nightsoul
Novice

did you try the solution I proposed ? it seems to work for everybody... 

0 Kudos
nightsoul
Novice

did you try the solution I proposed ? it seems to work ... 

0 Kudos
ArthurThorne007

Totally the same thing here!

Was holding my breath while installing the new driver and still the same lag!

Almost at the point of looking for another laptop!

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

This problem continue with the new driver 22.70...

0 Kudos
nightsoul
Novice

Hello, some feedback here with some good news : 

-theses BT lag are a commun problem when we have a intel AX201 and a 11 th generation intel processor.

Plenty of manufacturers as Lenovo, HP, Asus, etc has the same issue. 

Here are 3 solutions I found on different forum : 

-Change some registration key :

-type/execute REGEDIT 

-go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0026\5&ed1e05a&0&10\Device Parameters]
    - add or edit the value "DeviceSelectiveSuspended" as dword value 0
    -add or edit the value "SelectiveSuspendEnabled" as dword value 0
    -add or edit the value "SelectiveSuspendSupported" as dword value 0

-restart the computer 

This first solution has solved the issue on my computer then I did not test the others ones but I put them here for info if this does not work for you 

-desactivate (not deinstall but well desactivate) in the device setting (/periphery setting I am not sure of the word in English) in the Bluetooth list the "Bluetooth LE" devices. it would then not use low efficiency and the issue would be solve (I did not test this solution) 

-go to windows 11. it seems the issue does not appear on win 11 for user who had this issues on win 10.  

ArthurThorne007

Did the change to REGEDIT and it feels like I have a new mouse!

AWESOME, thank you!

0 Kudos
nightsoul
Novice

good news. I tried also on a second computer with similar issue and it s also solve the issue then it seems to be a good one.

quiet easy solution then strange than all theses "Pro" companies does not implement it...     

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

The problem continue even after the Update 22.70.2.

It is almost a year and there is no solution for the problem,

Not from Intel, Asus, Dell, Microsoft etc`.....

0 Kudos