Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel AX201 onboard card is being deteced as AC-9462 in NUC PC ubuntu 20.04

RJS
Beginner

Hi All

I have an onboard AX201 card on my intel NUC10i5FNH5 and i have ubuntu 20.04 card installed .

When i do lspci card detected is Intel Corporation Wireless-AC 9462

and when i do dmesg | grep AX it shows

wlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Detected Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz, REV=0x354

i have used drivers iwlwifi-Qu-48.13675109.0.tgz from following location " Linux support from intel wireless adapers"

and place them under /lib/firmware and rebooted the machine but still AC-9462 gets detected please help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello RJS,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I need to inform you that Intel has not tested and validated this Intel NUC model with any Linux distribution; however, we have plenty of positive reports from customers that are using the unit successfully on many different Linux distros.

The Intel* NUC10i5FNH includes the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201, and what you are seeing is the way in how the OS detects the card.

You can check our website Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters, where you may find useful firmware for your system.

Keep in mind that most Linux-based* distributions include Intel® Wireless drivers. Those drivers are provided and maintained by the Linux* distribution vendors. Contact your operating system vendor (OSV) and use their distribution for driver access and support.

Best regards,

Maria R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello RJS,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 
Maria R.  
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos