Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel AX210 6Ghz not enabled in drivers by default and WPA3 not working on 6Ghz.

Abhi
New Contributor I

I have multiple AX210 WiFi cards and a 6Ghz capable router. Only way to get 6 Ghz band working on the cards is to make a registry edit in Windows 10 and disable WPA3 on the router, only OWE authentication works.

Is there a beta driver or something else I need to do to get 6Ghz working with WPA3?

It's definitely not a router issue as my friend's Samsung Galaxy S21also a Wifi 6E device, has no issues connecting with WPA3 on 6Ghz.

Two of my computers are running Windows 10 20H2.

Ubuntu 20.10 with Kernel 5.11 seems to detect 6 Ghz out of the box...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Abhi, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance for this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Abhi
New Contributor I

Support finally got back to me after a slight delay, I was told to wait for the next edition of Windows 10..... to get "Official" 6Ghz support. Right now it requires a registry edit of the Intel driver key to enable 6Ghz.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Abhi, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that Support was able to get in contact with updates on this matter and to let you know that it is necessary to wait for the next edition of Windows* 10 to get "Official" 6Ghz support.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
FUintle
Beginner

Still doesn't answer the question about wifi 6e and when intel will ACTUALLY support their product! Waiting on Windows is NOT an answer! Is the ax210 a windows product or intel?! win11 sucks almost as bad as win8. Intel should support THEIR product in win10!!

0 Kudos
BobRJones
Beginner

Why do we have to wait on Microsoft? Seems to be an Intel driver problem.

0 Kudos