Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX210 Bluetooth Diversity

Stoui
Novice

Hello,

I have bought intel AX210 and i have the following questions:

1. If i use only AUX antenna port do i need to do any changes on windows intel adapter configuration tab (e.g disable MIMO)?

2. AUX antenna port supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth correct and not MAIN, correct?

3. If i use both antenna ports (Main+AUX), does Bluetooth take advantage of diversity or only Wi-Fi?

Thanks for your support!

-Stoui

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Stoui

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. To help with your request, please share with us the following information:

• Is this a laptop or desktop system?
  • What motherboard will you use?
  • Do you plan to integrate the card into the system or is it already integrated by the manufacturer?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • What Windows version will you use?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Stoui
Novice

Hello David G,

I want to believe that my questions are quite basic for Intel support personnel... i don`t understand how you came up with those counter questions...

So, starting from the beginning, could you please provide answers (a yes or no is enough) to the below crystal clear questions:

1. If i use only AUX antenna port do i need to do any changes on windows intel adapter configuration tab (e.g disable MIMO)?

2. AUX antenna port supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and not MAIN, correct?

3. If i use both antenna ports (Main+AUX), does Bluetooth take advantage of diversity or only Wi-Fi?

Thanks,

Stoui

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

To answer your questions directly:

1. No need to do any changes but the recommended advanced settings.
  2. The Main is for Wi-Fi and Aux for Bluetooth. 
  3. Bluetooth has its designated port.

If you need more information related to the antennas please contact the motherboard manufacturer for more details.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Stoui
Novice

Hello David,

Thanks for your response.

I do have another questions related to point no.2 which your answer might be misleading...and i would like to clarify it.

1. No need to do any changes but the recommended advanced settings.
  2. The Main is for Wi-Fi and Aux for Bluetooth. 
  3. Bluetooth has its designated port.

[Stoui] Based on AX210 datasheet TX/RX streams are 2x2, same for antenna 2x2 + support of MU-MIMO.

With the above it means that Wi-Fi should be from both Main and AUX ports otherwise MIMO wouldn`t be possible.

So, could you please confirm that:

- AUX port is for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

Also, is there a public documentation that you can share which clearly specifies AX210 ports functionalities? 

Thanks again,

Stoui

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

For that and more information/documentation you can visit the resources available on the Intel Resource & Design Center (RDC). Here is some information on how to open an account

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos