Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX210 Upload speed extremely low

Chris20
Beginner

Recently I upgraded my notebook PCs (Lenovo ThinkPad E580 and Lenovo Legion Y530, both running Windows 11 Pro build 22000.832 with the latest updates installed) with Intel AX210NGW Wi-Fi cards.

wifi.jpg

Naturally, I downloaded the latest drivers from Intel’s website.

8.png

The main problem is… Upload speed of these cards is extremely low, approximately 5 Mbps on a 5 GHz ax network. Just for comparison, my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra can achieve almost 1000 Mbps on the same network and physical location.

Any ideas what could cause this issue? I tried swapping the cards, even performed a clean Windows install on one of the PCs. Needless to say, it didn’t help.

These are the settings in Windows Device Manager for the cards.

5.png

802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode

1. Dual Band 802.11a/b/g

802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode

1. 802.11ax

ARP offload for WoWLAN

Enabled

Channel Width for 2.4GHz

Auto

Channel Width for 5GHz

Auto

Channel Width for 6GHz

Auto

Fat channel intolerant

Disabled

GTK rekeying for WoWLAN

Enabled

MIMO power save mode

No SMPS

Mixed mode protection

CTS-to-self Enabled

NS offload for WoWLAN

Enabled

Packet Coalescing

Disabled

Preferred band

No Preference

Roaming aggressiveness

1. Lowest

Sleep on WoWLAN disconnect

Disabled

Throughput Booster

Enabled

Transmit power

1. Highest

U-APSD support

Disabled

Ultra High Band (6GHz)

Enabled

Wake on magic packet

Enabled

Wake on pattern match

Enabled

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello Chris20,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

As you mentioned that you upgraded your wireless adapters, you should understand that it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies. Your system manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or hardware packaging they provide. Also, each country may have different regulatory requirements; before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine if the Intel® Wireless Adapters you plan to install are approved for use in your system and country.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
adamerso
Beginner

I've got similar issues with stock wireless properties. Strangely, download works flawlessly, ookla shows 300mbit/s as my fiber connection to internet, but upload is terrible... 2mbit (!). Access points are one with ax delivered by ISP (and works great with everything), 2nd is apple airport extreme 6th gen (ac). Card is chinese mini-pci card retrofitted into precision m4800.

UP/DW speed difference is absolutely insane...

I'm on current 22.250.1.2 driver, windows 2022 server.

EDIT: After replacing back to 7260 AC download drops to about 150, but upload shows my max upload from ISP, which is 50mbps. So antennas aren't damaged during installation. It must be faulty batch of cards....

0 Kudos
adamerso
Beginner
I've tried the same card on another, even older laptop - lattitude E6220. Strangely - card works flawless. Upload same as my ISP - 50mbps. Very strange, since I'm quite sure, that precision m4800 has got better antennas... I'm very surprised that 5ghz works such good in such old notebook, which has 6205 from factory I'm using win10 with same 22.250.1.2 driver... May be that issue of windows 2022 server, which is installed on precision?
0 Kudos