Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX210 crazy slow when connected to wifi 6E

Akimitsu
Beginner

Hello there,

I can't seem to find what is wrong, and I'm starting to think I should burn my computer down. Let me explain :

I have a Freebox Delta (French internet provider) router (latest generation, wifi 6E) with a 10Gbps connexion. On my phone (Pixel 7 Pro), everything's working great, wifi 6E is optimum and easily climbing to 1500mbps on nperf.

BUT, I had a chinese noname wifi card for my desktop computer with an Intel AX210 chipset. It was slow, like 100mbps in the best days. I blamed it on the chinese card, and today I bought an Aorus GC-WBAX210 wifi card. And guess what ? 350mbps in the best case, and I'm starting to become crazy. The more money I put into it, the less I believe in wifi 6E...

Nperf screenshot is showing win10 but I'm running latest win11 (22h2)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Akimitsu

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening to your Wi-fi card, I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel AX210 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card in motherboard)? 
  2. By chinese noname card, do you mean that you took out the Intel AX210 wi-fi card and installed a chinese noname wi-fi card? 
  3. Was it working fine with the original/preinstalled wi-fi card in the motherboard? 
  4. What are the settings/steps you are following to set the band to 6GHz?
  5. What is the name of the test you are using to get the download and upload speeds? 
  6. Run this utility and attach the report: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Also, I noticed that the screenshots you sent are in French, we would appreciate it if you can send them in English, to ensure that they are handled in a more efficient way. In any case, we appreciate the screenshots sent as supportive material for us. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Akimitsu.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Akimitsu.   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos