Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AX210 - no AX mode

Alexander_D
Novice

Hello!

I am using AX210 WiFi adapter in Russia. I can't conect to my router at AX mode, AC only. Is AX mode is still ristricted by the card driver in Russia? I was try AX200. Same story.
The AX mode is allowed in Russia for 3 month already. Still no support by card driver?
Other divices, like phone, is ok with AX mode.
My PC setup:
Windows 10 20H2
22.10 card driver (default settings)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Alexander_D

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following details?

1- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (or the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200) the original wireless adapters that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate them on the computer?

2- Is your router "AX compatible" and configured (based on the manufacturer instructions) with the proper settings for AX mode?

3- Router brand, model, and firmware version:

4- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alexander_D
Novice

Hello @AndrewG_Intel !

Thank you for your reply. Let me answer each question for you:

1. I purchased both adapters (200 and 210) separately as a m.2 card. My computer has a standard port for connecting M.2 2260 adapters. I installed both cards myself. This procedure is described in detail in the manual of my computer. Upon purchase, the Intel Wireless-AC 9260 adapter (m.2 2260 card) was installed in the computer.

2. Yes. My router is AX compatible. The router has the AX5700 ultimate AX performance category. Settings according to manufacturer's recommendations.

3. ASUS RT-AX86U WiFi router. Firmware is 3.0.0.4.384.9318 (official).

4. Let me provide this information in the late afternoon when I get access to my computer.

Simply put, I would like to understand what the problem is. Defective Intel adapter (both at once?). Incorrect settings? A limitation in the adapter driver. Since other devices work correctly in AX mode. For example, Apple iPhone 11 - AX mode, 2 streams, 80MHz, WPA3 (PMF).

There is an another topic here - https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/802-11ax-support-at-AX200-at-Russia/td-p/1222515

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Alexander_D

Thank you for your response.

We are currently checking this behavior. We will be updating this thread as soon as we have more details available. Also, please kindly provide us with the Intel® SSU report once you have access to the computer so we can have that information handy in case we need it to review more details about your system.

Also, just to make sure we understood correctly, after testing with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 and the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200, you have now installed the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 on the computer? Is this correct?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Alexander_D
Novice
Hello!

Thank you for your reply. I will provide logs from Intel testing program. Please excuse me for this delay.

To be clear, my current configuration:
Windows 10 20H2
Intel wireless driver 22.10
Intel AX 210 WiFi card (m.2 card)

The only problem for now is no AX mode.

Thank you!
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Alexander_D

Thank you for your response and for your patience in this matter.

Regarding your concern, and considering this is a wireless integration* our recommendation is to check this further with your computer manufacturer (OEM) for more details. (Wireless regulations depend upon different facts and your OEM may assist to check if there could be needed firmware updates, etc.)

Find links to computer manufacturer support websites in the following link: Computer Manufacturer Support Websites**

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*When the end-user of a system installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information please review the following links:

Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

**Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Alexander_D

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Alexander_D
Novice

Hello.

There is report from Intel utility.

I believe that Intel should fix the part of the driver that is responsible for regional restrictions and allow the AX mode in Russia.

Thank you.