I figured out that in order to have intel widi functional on my laptop my drivers needs to be updated. I noticed that my network adapter is currently run by driver version 188.8.131.52. So I went to the intel website to find the latest drivers here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24217&lang=eng&ProdId=3316 Intel® Download Center.
I downloaded the file "http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24217/eng/Wire... Wireless_17.1.0_s64.exe" and saved it. Next I uninstalled the currently existing driver using the device manager. Wireless Lan connection got disconnected. I used the installer pointed out previously to install the new drivers. The application ran successfully and wireless connection came back on as well. However to my surprise the driver which got installed was again 184.108.40.206 with an update date of today. I thought it should have been 17.xx.xx.xx.
Anybody know what is happening?
Thanks GattoNero for chiming in. Here's my issue with this.
1. Eventually I wanted Intel Widi to work on my computer.
2. When I installed widi it prompted me saying that it could not detect intel mywifi technology dll and hence it could not run
3. In order to get the intelmywifi technology dll, I installed intel my wifi dashboard (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22695&lang=eng&ProdId=3551 Intel® Download Center).
4. Upon opening intel mywifi dashboard, I noticed that there was an on/off toggle for mywifi technology so I got excited.
5. My excitement got crushed when I couldn't click on it as it was a lite version only.
6. I dug around to find out why is that the case and found that my proset drivers need to be 15.2 or above and I had 220.127.116.11 (which apparently seems older than 15.2) (Thread here:
7. Hence I downloaded the latest wireless 17_xx from the website and thought that would fix my drivers -> hence I would get a full version of intel mywifi dashboard -> hence able to toggle on the intel mywifi technology -> hence intel widi should work (Latest Proset Drivers downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24217&lang=eng&ProdId=3316 Intel® Download Center)
I might be completely wrong with this thought process. But please help me with any direction.
Followed the Intel Widi Installation steps here (http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelWiDi/# portal/1026/article/2497/Adding-Intel-WiDi-to-your-system Support Knowledge Base)
Install the latest graphics driver (Requirements here: http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/# portal/1026/article/2511 Support Knowledge Base)
My Laptop (check)
Install the latest intel wireless driver
My Laptop (Check)
Install the latest intel widi software
Downloaded from here (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23861&lang=eng&ProdId=3227 Intel® Download Center) and installed but not working as explained above
My Laptop (Check)
Please note that depending on the wireless adapter you have, the Operating System installed and the driver version installed the driver version will look different than the one you downloaded.
So in your case since you are downloading version 17.1.0 it will be displayed as 18.104.22.168
Please refer to the following link:
If you are still having problems to Set WiDi, I recommend you updating the graphics driver to the latest here:
If you find problems during the installation of the driver, try the step mentioned here:
It is also important to check other things:
Try these steps but I would also like to know if you are able to get to the Screen where it asks for the password code or not
Please also provide the following:
Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.