Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7645 Discussions

Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless speed only 54Mbps :(

idata
Employee

Hi, I have Intel centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, but it works only 54Mbps speed, Drivers are latest from intel support site, in device manager I see only a/b/g mode. Where is wireless N mode gone? I update drivers, configure my router: (Linksys E1000) if I leave only N mode, I cannot connect to router at all with wireless...

Somebody can help me?

51 Replies
idata
Employee

Router v2

I've got another laptop, Acer Aspire 5738ZG, he connects to my router 130Mbps!!! Without any configuration! That means the computer wireless card is bad i think I need to try reinstall Windows...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've connected to another router with my computer. Router DIR-685. And the connection speed is 270Mbps!!! So my computer is ok...

I think the problem is my network card does not work with router linksys E1000...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

How about connecting another Wi-Fi card to your router Linksys E1000, except the previous one connecting at 65Mbps.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I guess not, but just have a try!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank You Everyone for help! I bought new router and my problem was gone without reinstalling windows or configuring something...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Having EXACTLY the same problem, n6300 ultimate with linksys E4200, getting max 54 mbit, when N mode disabled in the router setting i am not able even connect to the router. 54 mbit max on 2,4 ghz as well as 5 ghz, i´ve tried multiple different settings without result, using the latest 15.1.1 firmware. Starting to be desperate Is it realy compatibility issue??? I´ve seen some threads where people reported they are using 6300 with linksys e4200 without issues...

0 Kudos
OPete1
Beginner

I have the same issues with my ThinkPad T520 which comes with a n6300. Too bad Intel did not come with a fix or answer on this themselves.

Well the good news is I seemed to found the solution.

By changing some settings on the Cisco E4200 I was able to FIX it. Windows 7 now reports 405 Mbps

I am currently using the Intel drivers 15.2.0.19 and on the Linksys I installed the Tomato RAF custom FW version 1.28.

Configuring the Intel and E4200 as stated on previous posts did not solve it but I changed on the E4200 the Bluetooth Coexistence on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz to Preemption and it worked!

0 Kudos
TLath
Beginner

I have the exact same card and now got it to work. Here is what I did use WPA-2 with ASE encryption only than change your router to N-Only mode and the Encryption to WPA-2 with ASE.

This worked for me the Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 apparently only will use two channels when it is using ASE.

I now connect to my linksys e1200 at over 130Mbs hope that helps