Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant: failed to update Wi-Fi 6 AX200 driver to version 22.160.0.4

juggernautjp
Novice

Intel Driver & Support Assistant (DSA) failed to update Wi-Fi 6 AX200 driver to version 22.160.0.4.

Mother board: MSI MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI

Wi-Fi Module: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

After I uninstall Intel DSA by Intel DSA uninstaller.

After reboot Windows11. I install the latest Intel DSA by DSA installer.

The page of Intel DSA shows "One update is available: version 22.160.0.4".

After click [Download] button, then nothing happens (see the below fig).

SnapCrab_NoName_2022-9-24_20-31-48_No-00.png

So, I download "Windows 10&11 Intel Wi-Fi driver for Intel Wireless Adopter", and install it.

The driver is updated to version 22.160.0.4 (see the below fig).

SnapCrab_Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHzのプロパティ_2022-9-24_20-29-40_No-00.png

But the page of  Intel DSA shows "One update is available: version 22.160.0.4" (see the above fig).

Labels (1)
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello juggernautjp,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

In order to better assist you, I would like to confirm the following. After you installed manually the driver version 22.160.0 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?erpm_id=9671437_ts1664234921523) performing the clean install steps (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173.html), did you try again to uninstall and reinstall the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) version 22.6.39.9 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18002/intel-driver-support-assistant.html?wapkw=Intel%20driver)? Did you make sure that all the folders related to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) were deleted before reinstalling the app?

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate the screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool, hence; the translation may not be completely accurate.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Aaryak
Beginner

Hi
I am facing similar issue too.
The current installed driver version for my Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160 MHz is 22.150.0.3.
The DSA page informs me about the new driver version 22.160.0.4.

DSA.jpg
But when I click on the download or download all button, it shows the download starting but suddenly stops.
And starts showing the download buttons again.

Simply put, the tool is not downloading the driver automatically.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program (DSA version 22.6.39.9 ), but it does not resolves the issue.

DSA version.jpg

And yes, I had also removed all left over files and folders before reinstalling the DSA.

The Wi-Fi driver on the other hand, I am able to download and install it (WiFi-22.160.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe) manually.

This is the old driver.

currebt wifi driver.jpg

And this is the new driver

new driver.jpg

But this manual installation will be tedious if I have to install the drivers manually every time.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Xed32
Beginner

Same issue here. Looks like an issue with the Driver & Support Assistant. I'll wait till it is fixed and hide this update till it works. Looks like it just keeps cancelling the download. 

DeividA_Intel

Hello juggernautjp, 

In order to continue with the investigation, I will appreciate it if you provide all the logs from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA so our developers can look into this issue.

You can use the following steps as a reference:

Hi @Xed32 and @Aaryak, thanks for your reports, I recommend you open a new thread so you can receive the proper support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
juggernautjp
Novice

I have built new PC with the motherboard of "GIGABYTE X570S AERO G Rev.1.0", last weekend.

I installed "Intel Driver&Support Assistant" (version 22.6.39.9), and open the "Intel Driver&Support Assistant" page. (see the below jpg)

GIGABYTE_Intel_DSA.jpg

The Intel Driver&Support Assistant page can not update "Intel Wi-Fi driver for Intel Wireless Adopter on WIndows10&11" to the latest version of 22.160.0.4. (see the below gif)

2022-09-30_22h47_54.gif

Then I manually update that driver to the latest version of 22.160.0.4 with the installer that downloaded from Intel Wi-Fi driver for Intel Wireless Adopter on WIndows10&11.

The Intel Driver&Support Assistant page notify that you need update "Intel Wi-Fi driver for Intel Wireless Adopter on WIndows10&11" to the latest version of 22.160.0.4. (see the above gif)

But I reboot the Windows 11, and open the Intel Driver&Support Assistant page notify that your driver and software is up to date. (see the below jpg)

GIGABYTE_Intel_DSA_Page_2.jpg

As your request, I attached the zip file (Downloads.zip) that include all the logs from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA in this post.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello juggernautjp, 

Thanks for all the information provided. I will proceed to investigate this issue internally and I will get back to you as soon as I have any details or if I need more information.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello juggernautjp, 

The issue with some downloads offered by Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) not downloading resolved. This was due to a change in Microsoft BITS infrastructure that impacted the way Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) downloaded drivers.

Our Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) team has implemented a fix on our end to handle this change and the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) version released Oct 14, 2022, should resolve this. Please check in Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) settings for v22.6.42.2 (it should silently update to the latest version).

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello juggernautjp,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello juggernautjp, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos