Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

Intel Driver

MirrorHall
Beginner

I need an update for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MirrorHall, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this scenario, it is important to mention that the Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is under the status of End Of Interactive Support / Discontinued.

So, Intel® technical support will no longer be provided for this kind of product, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I would point out that this device is from 2008 and Intel has not supported it for a very, very long time. The last set of drivers produced was for Windows XP. I have seen packages purported to be for Windows Vista, but that's about it. There are definitely no Windows 10 or Windows 11 drivers (if a site is offering them, don't believe it and don't download; it is likely Spyware/Trojan/SPAM). Regardless, you will be looking for a secondary (and unsafe) site to get the drivers for this device as Intel does not host them any longer.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos