Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7896 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 drivers

nice1488
Novice
I bought a LG 24V360 computer a while ago and a few days ago I formatted it for some problems, I installed the drivers but I can't find anything about Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 drivers for Windows 10 and I found that it is discontinued, what can I do?
270 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Tytris,

I have sent you a download link via the Communities Private Message (PM) service. For this message, check your PM inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and then select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 371st WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, best you are going to be able to do with this card is a WiFi 5 connection. Still, if this is working at a reasonable rate, you should be all set to putter along until you decide the whole thing needs to be upgraded.

...S

0 Kudos
Mike-Ireland
Novice

I am pleased that I can still use this old laptop now so delighted with WiFi 5.

I suspect that it would be difficult to get a card that would be compatible with my old Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series ( the one with the hard drive and no internal SSD).

However really happy to take your advice if you can recommend a newer card.

Thank you again for providing access to the driver. You have saved me from buying a new laptop that I  do not really need!

Mike

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Mike-Ireland - my advice is detailed above (see 7/27/23 post). Physically, unless Dell permanently soldered the silicon to their motherboard, you should be able to install a replacement card. The big question is whether Dell pulled a slimy move and blocked upgrades using an Inclusion/Exclusion list in their BIOS. This I can't answer - and Dell support likely will play dumb.

...S

Mike-Ireland
Novice

Thank you. I will try over the next couple of months and come back to the forum to report.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@LIGREENIZS,

I have sent you a download link via the Communities Private Message (PM) service. For this message, check your PM inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and then select Messages from the resulting menu.
...S

P.S. You are the 374th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have been doling out the drivers to one user at a time, so that I could collect user information to use in my argument that the files need to be reposted. I am at the point of giving up, however. Intel is saying that there is a security risk associated with reposting the drivers and that Intel Legal is simply not going to allow it.

So, I am providing a share link here that will allow anyone to pull the final file releases for the various discontinued Wireless Adapters that I had archived: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T. Where possible, I have included the original Release Note files; where not possible, I have created Release Note files with what information I have access to.

If someone wants to take these files and put them on a file sharing service, go for it. Let me know where they are available and I will remove them from my share.

...S

Wireless_work
Beginner

Thank-you so much Scott! You're the best

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Look at my ‎08-03-2023 post.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@MusicMasters,

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@JKarki,

...S

0 Kudos
William10
Novice

Hi Scott

Kindly send me the driver link in DM?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Luis_Yock16@William10,

Look at my ‎08-03-2023 post in this same conversation.

...S

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Gabie,

Look at my ‎08-03-2023 post in this same conversation.
...S

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@BoKun,

You can find the approrpiate driver installation files in my legacy driver share: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T.
...S

BoKun
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Siy,

You can find the appropriate driver installation files in my legacy driver share: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T.
...S

0 Kudos
Seenoon
Beginner
I need that driver bro
0 Kudos
Seenoon
Beginner
Hi Scott! Would you mind sharing also the latest drivers for Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160. Thanks you so much bro
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Seenoon,

Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

Hope this helps,

...S

n_scott_pearson
Super User

OMG, Again! People: turn off threaded display!

@Nilton_Rocha,

Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.
Hope this helps,
...S