Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 not loading during windows start.

RJain29
Beginner

Hi,I am using windows 10 and facing network adapter problem.Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 is not loading during windows start as I am not getting this driver name in Device manager>network adapter section.I have to do several restart/shutdown and network reset for my windows then I am able to connect to Internet.Can you please help me on this.This issue suddenly came to my system and previously it was not there.I already installed Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and all latest driver is installed on my system.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. This probably happen in laptop computer? One of the reasons can be bad battery.
  2. Disconnect the battery for few minutes and that insert it again. Power On your computer and check if WiFi adapter appears in Device Manager. If not repeat reboot.
  3. In Device Manager, open WiFi adapter properties.
  4. In Power Management, uncheck: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. This probably happen in laptop computer? One of the reasons can be bad battery.
  2. Disconnect the battery for few minutes and that insert it again. Power On your computer and check if WiFi adapter appears in Device Manager. If not repeat reboot.
  3. In Device Manager, open WiFi adapter properties.
  4. In Power Management, uncheck: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Leon

0 Kudos
RJain29
Beginner

Thanks a million! LWAKSMAN. Provided workaround worked for me.Just want to know as i unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" , will this impact to my battery life?

/Rohit

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

It should not impact your battery life. Is your battery in good condition now? Could be you should a new one?

When this setting is checked(enabled), Windows puts the network card to sleep and when it resumes it puts it back to D0. When this setting is not checked(disabled), Windows completely halts the device and on resume reinitializes it. 

Leon

0 Kudos
RJain29
Beginner

Sorry for delay response.

Is your battery in good condition now? -- Battery is in good condition(as per dell power manager) but there is problem with my charger.

Thanks for support :)

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello RJain29,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. We will help you to move this post to the correct support group. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
RJain29
Beginner
0 Kudos