Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 no Bluetooth device available

vengeance
Beginner

I recently purchased a new PC with the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 but have not been able to get Bluetooth working at all. 

• There is no Bluetooth device in Device Manager.
  • There is no option to turn on Bluetooth connections in Settings > Devices or in the Notifications area.
  • Troubleshooting issues with Bluetooth results in a message saying the device does not have Bluetooth capability.
  • I have installed both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers. 
  • Wi-Fi is operational on both bands (i.e. 2.4GHz and 5GHz).

Help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello vengeance, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can have more information about your system, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Approximately, when did you get this computer?  

3.  Have you checked with the system manufacturer (OEM) if Bluetooth is a supported feature in your PC? 

4. Just to confirm, you mentioned that you were not able to get Bluetooth to work at any point, right?  

This is not an expected behavior, as you mentioned you recently bough this PC, chances are that you have a defective hardware. Therefore, you may want to check with the reseller or the OEM for any possible warranty replacement.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello vengeance,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
vengeance
Beginner

Hey Sebastian, 

Thanks for the quick response to my initial query. I've attached the SSU report here. 

I purchased the PC in April, and I've sent an info request to the manufacturer. I will hopefully have more information to share after they get back to me. I presumed that since the computer has a wifi/bluetooth capable hardware, it would support both, but I cannot find any documentation saying anything explicitly about either option. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello vengeance, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Based on what you report and the testing made, this seems to be hardware related. The wireless card indeed brings Bluetooth capability, however; by OEM design (antennas, installation, BIOS, etc) this feature can be missing. I was unable to find any website, document, or manual about this either.  

My recommendation will be to keep working with Corsair* for more help on this, chances are that the wireless card is not properly connected or the PC just does not include Bluetooth.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
vengeance
Beginner
That seems like a fair assessment. I appreciate you working with me so far. I'll follow up with Corsair and figure out how best to go forward from here.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello vengeance,  

Thanks for the reply. 

In that case, we will proceed to close this inquiry from our side as you will work with the OEM. If you need further support, please open a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos