Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-ac 3160

Asmit
Beginner

I am using Window 7 64 bit and i have intel dual band wireless-ac 3160 adapter installed. it suddenly stopped working then i tried everything to make it work but i failed every time.

At last, i unistalled the drive and now when i am installing the drive, i cant do so.
The Intel pro/wireless software says " Installation blocked, it cannot be installed in your device" please help me

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers for Windows 7 are no longer provided for the Intel Wireless Adapter AC3160. You have the following choises:

1. Upgrade your OS to Windows 10 and then you may use the Intel Drivers.

2. Download driver for Windows 7 from your laptop/computer OEM site.

3. Download old Intel Driver, supporting Windows 7 from third party site.

Leon

Asmit
Beginner

Reply to the choices

1. I cant upgrade to window 10 due to some of tailored software used in my pc.

2. I checked OEM site and for my laptop version  only "intel dual band wireless-ac 3160" is supportable. my laptop is dell ispirision 5558 ( DGJ1462)

3. Old intel driver? sorry i didnt get u over here.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Download from DELL and install drivers for Windows 7 64bit:

Intel 3160/7260/3165/7265/8260/8265 Bluetooth Driver 

and Intel Wireless Display Utility

Before starting installation, verify that both Bluetooth and WiFi Drivers are uninstalled. Start with Bluetooth Driver.

Leon

Asmit
Beginner

I am sorry if i am wrong.

I dont have any problem with bluetooth driver, its wireless adapter which is not working.

but if the above link fix it, i will do it of course.

Another problem: It is fixed right now but it every 10m to 20m my wifi shows no internet connection but there is no problem with my wifi.
When i troubleshoot it get fixed and it happens and repeat again in 10m.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. If there is no problem with Bluetooth, no need to reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

2. If you have reinstalled the WiFi driver, downloaded from Dell and your WiFi is disconnecting every 10 to 20 minutes, try to reboot your router. Check if other device (your mobile?) works correctly on WiFi. You may also ask in Dell support.

Leon