Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Dual Band ac 3165 & Windows 10 Pro

ADi_I
Beginner

Hello everyone.

My card mounted on a Dell, has a strange problem:

1. If I do a speed test, I surf at 5 megs, despite a 150Mbps connection at least and with the phone surf at 180 Mbps from the same position.

2. While I browse, I lose the connection and to get it back I have to open a tab on the browser and upload the site facebook.com, then load all the tabs otherwise nothing to do.

3. The connection is unstable: if I try to start a teamviewer, this is impossible because of this continuous loss of signal.

The modem is located a few meters from the notebook. I have updated all the drivers and made all the possible solutions around, but nothing. I have a Windows 10 Pro operating system. The modem is a new model so it is compatible with all the parameters a / b / g ac n etc ...

I await your help and any procedure to be performed. Meanwhile, I am attaching reports from the utility tool intel

Thanks so much

Grazie Mille

Alessandro

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AleDiIorio93,

We understand you're having performance and connection issues with your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165. Since your issue is a bit different from the error message reported by IgorF, we've branched your question into it's own thread.

Thank you for providing the SSU report. However, for some reason it did not contain any information about your wireless connection, only hardware details. In order to better assist you we would like the following:

1. What is the brand and model of your wireless router/access point? Is it using the latest firmware?

2. We're aware that other devices in the same network aren't having the same issue. Have you tried this computer on a different network? If so, does the behavior follow the computer?

3. Is this the original adapter for this system, or an upgrade part?

4. Please run the following command while connected to your WiFi and share a screenshot:

1. Right click on the start menu icon (or press the Windows* Key + R) and select "Command Prompt (Admin)"

2. Enter: netsh wlan show interface

3. Please take a screenshot of the output

Note: To enable attachments, make sure to use the advanced editor while replying.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
ADi_I
Beginner

Dear Carlos,

1. The brand is: Askey; Model is: RTV1907VW.

Yes, It use the latest firmware: 0.00.67_FW_200_Askey 2017-12-19 13:07:16

2. If I use the computer on a different network it does not any problems.

3. This is the original adapter. Dell model is: Inspiron 5570 15".

4. Microsoft Windows [Versione 10.0.15063]

(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti sono riservati.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interface

Interfacce presenti nel sistema: 1:

Nome : Wi-Fi

Descrizione : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

GUID : 3c5fccca-f5b1-47dc-8f0f-77772476c6c6

Indirizzo fisico : 98:54:1b:28:ce:8b

Stato : connessa

SSID : Di Iorio Wi_Fi 5 GHz

BSSID : e8:d1:1b:fd:3d:c6

Tipo di rete : Infrastruttura

Tipo frequenza radio : 802.11ac

Autenticazione : WPA2-Personal

Crittografia : CCMP

Modalità connessione : Profilo

Canale : 52

Velocità ricezione (Mbps) : 433.3

Velocità trasmissione (Mbps) : 433.3

Segnale : 88%

Profilo : Di Iorio Wi_Fi 5 GHz

Stato rete ospitata : Non disponibile

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I called the ISP assistance and they told me that for them the modem or the line have no problem. I also tryed to change channel WiFi, but nothing. Please, help me. I need the best connection to work. For me is impossible that when I open facebook.com website, the connection restart.

Thanks,

Alessandro.
0 Kudos
ЕКорч
Beginner

There is another topic with similiar issue. Try to go to the adapter Power Settings at Device Manager and remove the check from "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". And restart PC. This worked for me

0 Kudos
ADi_I
Beginner

I have already tryed. No results.

Thanks anyway.

Alessandro

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AleDilorio93,

If the issue only occurs when connected to your Askey* router, it could suggest that it's a router issue. You may want to try resetting the router back to factory settings and reconfiguring it, or toggle it's quality of service (QoS) or priority list settings.

Since the issue is sporadic, not persistent, the ISP may not be able to detect it on their standard checks.

For the time being, you could test an older driver to see if the issue continues:

1. Download an older https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005634/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers (such as the 20.0.2, or 19.40.0).

2. Right click on the start menu, select Apps & Features (or Programs and Features in the Control Panel) and uninstall your current Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software. Make sure to discard your current settings.

3. Right click on the start menu, select Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and choose "uninstall," mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

4. Restart your computer.

5. Install the drivers package downloaded back in step one.

Test your computer and let us know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
ADi_I
Beginner

I have already done the reset of my router. It hasn't a priority list settings. The issue isn't sporadic. Can you explain me why if I go on facebook.com website, the connection come back? Is there a standby settings of network card?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AleDilorio93,

The wireless adapter doesn't discriminate traffic, it shouldn't make a difference which website you're trying to access.

Let's try this:

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.

2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm. Wait for your PC to restart and see if the issue continues.

Could you check your router's interface for "WMM" or "WME" instead of QoS? Apologies for the trial and error approach, I wasn't able to locate the manual to your router, and sometimes these settings have vendor specific names.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
ADi_I
Beginner

Dear Carlos,

I have installed Ubuntu and there arent' any problems. The internet speed is 189 Mbit\s and upload is 20 Mbit\s. Can you resolve my problem between Intel 3165 and Windows 10 pro?

Thank you

Alessandro

0 Kudos
ADi_I
Beginner

Anyway I Have done network reset but no results.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AleDilorio93,

We're still investigating this problem.

To try and figure out exactly what's going on, we'd like to take a look at what's going on in your event viewer while the problem occurs:

1. Clear your event viewer logs.
    1. Right click on the Start menu icon, select Event Viewer.
    2. On the left hand panel, expand Windows Logs.
    3. Right click on System, select to "Clear log..." > Clear
    4. Close the event viewer.
  2. Reproduce the issue.
  3. Export your System event logs.
    1. Right click on the Start menu icon, select Event Viewer.
    2. On the left hand panel, expand Windows Logs.
    3. Right click on System, select "Save All Events As..."
    4. Name the file and click Save.
    5. The Display Information dialog will pop up > Display information for these languages: > Show all available languages > English (US, but it doesn't matter which).

If the file is too large to attach, you may need to upload it to a file hosting service and share the link, but it should be small enough.

Also, do you remember when the issue started? (after installing Fall Creators Update, or updating your drivers, etc).

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
ADi_I
Beginner

Dear Carlos,

when there is the issue, there isn't any event in the Windows log --> System. Anyway in the category "administrations events", I found this report log in which you can see a lot of different events about network.

The issue started when my ISP had change my connection adsl to ultrafast line, or when Windows 10 updated in the same day. But, before that moment, I hadn't any problem. The speedtest was very good with 16 MBit\s in download. In Ubuntu the connection is perfect, without any problems.

https://ufile.io/hwk3x https://ufile.io/hwk3x

0 Kudos
ADi_I
Beginner

Furthermore, when I use hotspot on my smartphones with 4g+ network, there isn't any problem. Speedtest is 40 Mbit/s e there aren't any interruption of connection.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AleDilorio93,

This is a very strange situation.

Testing the same computer, but using a different OS, should help us narrow the source of the issue down to OS or drivers since it works fine.

However, if this was an operating system or driver issue, the problem should still be there when you connect to another network. In your case, it isn't.

Based on this, the most reasonable solution would be to replace or troubleshoot your wireless router.

It's also possible that your router does have some way to prioritize one client (computer) over the other. This is probably based on computer name, not MAC address. Your computer name may change if you boot to a different OS, your MAC address on the other hand is hard set on the adapter.

Let's try this:

1. Disconnect from your WiFi.

2. Right click on your Start Menu, select System.

3. On the left hand panel, select Advanced System Settings

4. Computer Name tab > Change

5. Pick an entirely different name.

6. Reboot, test.

Another thing that may be worth a shot is to update your computer once more. Currently, you're using Windows® 10 Creators Update (RS2, Version 1703, Build 15063). This build came with quite a few networking issues. Perhaps updating to Windows® 10 Version 1709, Build 16299 may help if this is some odd OS issue.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
ADi_I
Beginner

Dear Carlos,

I renamed the pc, but there were no improvements. I looked for updates, but windows results updated and I can not upgrade to version 1709. How should I proceed? All this is exhausting.

Thanks

Alessandro

0 Kudos
ADi_I
Beginner

Dear Carlos

is with a lot of pleasure that I tell you: the issue is resolved. I have updated Windows 10 to 1709 version from microsoft website and now the connection is perfect. The speedtest is 185 Mb\s.

Thank you so much for all.

Best regards,

Alessandro
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alessandro,

The version you had installed had quite a few networking bugs, not just wireless issues. I'm very glad to hear that updating to the latest release helped resolve the problem.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos