I updated my intel mywifi dashboard to 15.6. It worked well initially. After some time, it shows that it is lite version and does not switch on the wi-fi direct nor the hot spot. I have Intel centrino N-1030 with driver version 15.11 installed, My OS is Windows 7 SP1. Does anyone has any solution for this problem..
According to the advisory:http://www.intel.com/support/notebook/sb/CS-033660.htm Installing Intel® My WiFi Dashboard. The Lite Version is installed if any of the following are true:
- A non-supported Intel® wireless adapter is installed
- A non-Intel wireless adapter is installed
- A supported Intel Centrino® wireless adapter is installed but the wrong version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is installed
Since you have an Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030, you should be able to use the full version. Try the following instructions to make sure you are using the correct software versions, and to discard any driver issues:
Note: the instructions are for Windows 7 x64 version, if your OS is 32 bit, please let us know.
- Download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22695/Intel-My-WiFi-Dashboard-Software Intel® My WiFi Dashboard Software, version 15.6.0.
- Download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23723/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7*, version 16.11.0. File name: Wireless_16.11.0_s64.exe
- Go to Control Panel - Uninstall Programs and uninstall "Intel® My WiFi Dashboard".
- Also in Control Panel - Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software" if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
- In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
- Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
- Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure you customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
- Install the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard Software downloaded before.