Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel PROSet Custom MSI Installation

idata
Employee

Before I start, can I thank Intel for finally taking out the My Wifi feature and 100's of needless folders from the enterprise installations! Much appreciated.

Now to my query...

Just downloaded Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software 14.3.1 for my HP laptops (with 5300 AGN network cards) and I am wanting to create a custom MSI installation so I can deploy this to our customers silently and remotely.

From a quick Google, I have found some properties from the version 13 installation, which are added as part of the command line by using "ADDLOCAL=". Can anyone help me match these up to what is in the properties/features table within the MSI?

Properties for version 13:

WIFI_Driver

WIFI_Software

WIFI_UI

WIFI_PLC

WIFI_Admin_Toolkit

WIFI_Troubleshooter

Features for version 14.3.1:

Intel(R) WiFi Link DriverIntel(R) PROSet/Wireless for Bluetooth(R) 3.0 + High SpeedIntel(R) PROSet/Wireless WiFi SoftwareIntel(R) PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection UtilityIntel(R) PROSet/Wireless Enterprise Software

How would I get a transform file to select what I want to install? Would I add the properties mentioned above into the properties table and set them to true or false depending on my requirements?

Would I ammend the features table? That has all these settings mentioned above with either level values of "1" or "101" assigned.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Reply
idata
Employee

I've managed to solve it myself, no real documentation anywhere on the net for this...

FYI, this is an extract of the feature table from Intel PROSet Wireless.msi:

FeatureFeature_ParentTitleDescriptionDisplayLevelDirectory_AttributesWIFI_Custom_Help

Customized WiFi Applications HelpCustomized WiFi Help0101INSTALLDIR8WIFI_UIWIFI_SoftwareIntel(R) PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection UtilityIntel(R) PROSet/Wireless WiFi Graphical User Interface components.91INSTALLDIR<td style="border-top-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-right-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-left-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-...