Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 version 20.70.4.2 not installing to my laptop

APare5
Beginner

when i tried to install it gives this message given in screen shot below.

What to do now

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
APare5, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to verify a few details about your system: Is this a brad new laptop? Was it working fine before? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or it came install in the laptop? What is the model of the laptop? What is the model of the Intel® wireless card? If you prefer, you can also provide the SSU report that it will show your system configuration. To attach the file once you choose "reply" select the clip icon: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
APare5, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to verify a few details about your system: Is this a brad new laptop? Was it working fine before? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or it came install in the laptop? What is the model of the laptop? What is the model of the Intel® wireless card? If you prefer, you can also provide the SSU report that it will show your system configuration. To attach the file once you choose "reply" select the clip icon: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
APare5
Beginner

Sir I uninstall the Intel proset wireless driver to re-install new version of driver, but now i unable to install same version or updated version my intel proset wireless driver version 20.60.

I provide you my system information and answer your question below.

Was it working fine before?

yes it working fine before and now.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

No Hardware change but I tried to update driver.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or it came install in the laptop?

It came with Installed wireless card.

please solve my problem and thank you for reply.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
APare5, thank you very much for sharing the report. We recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the laptop, since that driver were customized by them to work with your specific platform. Based on the information showing in the SSU report, the wireless driver that is currently installed in your laptop is version 20.60.0.7, I looked in ASUS's web site and actually that is the latest/newest driver available for your system, there is no need to update it if the wireless connection is working fine. Just for you to know, there is also version V20.60.0.1530 available, it was released the same date as the driver that is currently installed, you can always try to install that version: https://www.asus.com/in/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X510UF/HelpDesk_Download/ Also, since the laptop is working with Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, we can try to install the Intel® generic wireless driver available in our web site, version 20.100.0: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28358/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=94150 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
APare5
Beginner

Thank you sir, Now I able to install 20.60.0.1530 Intel proset wireless software.

but I unable to update it to 20.100

Thank you sir

0 Kudos
ITyle
Beginner

Same here. I'm unable to update it to 20.100.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
APare5, You are very welcome. We are glad to hear that you were able to install the proper wireless driver for your system, which is version 20.60.0.1530 provided by ASUS. The Intel wireless driver version 20.100 is a generic driver, that means the driver might or might not work with your system, for this specific scenario since there are no problems and the wireless connection is working fine, we recommend to keep using the driver that was provided by ASUS since that is the best driver for your system. ITyle, Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread: https://communities.intel.com/community/technical Let me apologize for any inconvenience. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
APare5
Beginner

Thanks sir for solving my problem and for telling me reason why this problem arrive.

Thank you sir

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
APare5, You are very welcome, we are glad to hear the problem was resolved and the driver was properly installed. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos