Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Intel PROSet Wireless connects automatically to any network [solved]

RRox
Beginner

Even if the Intel PROSet application is not running (no taskbar ugly icon ), at Windows 7 startup it connects automatically to networks even if the "connect automatically" box is unchecked in Windows' Manage Wireless Networks > Properties.

I had to stop Intel PROSet services to fix the problem. Then I removed Intel PROSet from my computer out of rage against uselessness:

the users have to choose the networks to exclude from automatic connect.

It is opposite to what is the supposed normal behavior of a Wifi Connection Utility, isn't it?

MY QUESTION IS:

Will I miss Intel PROSet Wireless WiFi Connection Utility? (Except the big ugly taskbar icon )

Does it have any useful feature I still don't know about? (Except standing in front of all other programs in the taskbar )

Intel PROSet lists ALL network for automatic connection, WHY??

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

There is an option in PROSet to manually connect. Open PROSet, select Tools menu at the top, then select Application Settings. Select "Do not automatically connect. User will manually connect" in the Auto Connect section. You may still need to change a setting in Windows as it has it's own connection tool.

Regards,

IleneK

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

There is an option in PROSet to manually connect. Open PROSet, select Tools menu at the top, then select Application Settings. Select "Do not automatically connect. User will manually connect" in the Auto Connect section. You may still need to change a setting in Windows as it has it's own connection tool.

Regards,

IleneK

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
RRox
Beginner

I can't believe I actually didn't see the menu bar! I was certainly distracted by the green blinding taskbar icon

My apologies. Too many parallel Windows problems to fix today

Thank you!

0 Kudos