Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7442 Discussions

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 ABG support for WPA-PSK?

idata
Employee

My broadband supplier has just enforced a change of router on me and I cannot make a wireless connection. My operating system is Vista 32-bit, the wireless card as above and the new router is a ZyXel P660HW-B1A which has WPA-PSK security. When I try to set up the connection, I am not offered this option for security, just WPA Personal and WPA2 Personal with TKIP encryption. I have tried entering the security key using both of these options but it is not possible to connect and the error message says security key is incorrect. I have double checked that I am entering this correctly. Does this mean that the new router is incompatible with the 3945 ABG adaptor?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RKell3
New Contributor I

Broadcast SSID (Since there were changes, I'd change the SSID to make connecting easier)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security (Personal)

Use mixed mode.

Use channels 1, 6 or 11 (I use channel 11)

You have to save changes and exit.

Power off the ISP modem/router. Power of the wireless router(if any) Wait 30 seconds, the npower on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Restart your computer.

Try to connect.

***Please note*** other wireless devices need to be setup for the new network

Rick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SENT ME I WANT TO USE PLEAS

0 Kudos