Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 on HP Elite x2

Oscar_
Beginner

Hi 

This adapter causes a bluescreen of death (BSoD) on my machine whenever I attempt Hotspot tethering with my cell phone. Error message generated is Netwtw04.sys..

On further examination of the adapter, I find the message below under Device Manager>Network Adapters>Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265>Events,

"Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_095A&SUBSYS_50908086&REV_59\B808CFFFFF07B7BC00 requires further installation."

Please help me know how I can fix this 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Oscar_, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system? Or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

3. Are you having issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both? 

4. What steps do you take to reproduce this behavior? 

5. Were you able to have this wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? If yes, do you remember making any changes before the issue started? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Oscar_,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Oscar_,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos