Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7654 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz connection issues

el5
Beginner

I don't remember when it's been occurring but maybe around late april or early may I've been having issues with my internet connection. My connection will randomly just lose and reconnect randomly. Sometimes within a few minutes or longer. I check my event logs and I keep seeing tons of warnings about my network with problem, "6062 - Lso was triggered." Again I haven't been changing my settings or anything and this randomly started happening. I tried multiple methods online to solve this and nothing has helped. Doesn't matter if i roll back to a driver in 2021 or current because it'll still give me the error. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello el5,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

To get a better understanding of the issue and be able to provide an effective recommendation, please provide the missing key information here:

1) Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software. When the download is complete, launch SSU.exe. *This will help with the driver identification and the actual download/upload speeds and connection rate.

1. Scan: Check the box Everything.
  2. Click Scan.
  3. Review: When finished scanning, click Next.
  4. Click Save (.txt file format) and attach as you reply.

2) Is the issue happening only with a specific network? You may isolate this by trying to connect to a different network.

3) Are you using a modem/wireless router? Or using an extender?

4 Have you also tried the steps mentioned in this link Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity? This will help us identify if the issue is with the configuration.

We will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
el5
Beginner

1. I've attached the scan. 

2. I only have one network which is my home internet provider that I have been using for years now. I didn't have a problem with any of my settings or anything until recently. Not sure if it's the drivers or windows. I even reinstalled windows and the problem still persisted. 

3. I'm using a two-in-one modem router.

4.Yes, when I first built my pc I enabled those settings right away since my wifi adapter supports wifi 6 and I want to use to take advantage of such speeds. 

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello el5,

We'll check on this and we will post an update once it's available. 

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
el5
Beginner

I'm attaching additional sources for you guys. Hoping this helps!

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello el5,

Sharing these details with you:

What is the problem?

6000 series or 6xxx events originated from the Intel WiFi driver are being logged in the Windows Event Viewer (System).

For e.g.: Event 6062, 6105, 6013 etc.

What is causing the problem?

The 6xxx events by the Intel WiFi driver are informational (even if Windows may indicate some of these as "Warning" level) and don't need to be worried about. There should be no functional impact caused by these events.

How can I fix the problem?

These are not error events and should be ignored.

• Further details: Event 6062 LSO was triggered: LSO stands for Large Send Offload. This event means there was a large packet that we split into small packages and offload them to the firmware. When this is logged in the event viewer, it just indicates above was carried out.

To fix the random disconnection you are experiencing with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+), proceed with the following steps below:

Step 1: Download and save the driver from your computer manufacturer support.

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

Note: Windows* may have an inbox Wi-Fi driver that came preinstalled on your system. These types of drivers can't be uninstalled (you won't see the "Delete the driver software for this device" option). Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after performing the uninstall process. The video above provides additional details on inbox drivers.

1. Go to Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
  4. Make sure that the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.
  5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

Step 3: Driver installation.

Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Right-click the file you downloaded and select the option to Run as administrator. For additional information refer to the video above.

Check and re-apply the Recommended Settings for Wireless Connectivity.

We will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
el5
Beginner

I was able to complete the steps and uninstall the driver until it was greyed out and installed my motherboard's intel driver. I'm thinking about not updating the driver however since it dates back to 2022 if that's ok to do. If i see the problem continue to happen then ill update it and if updating doesn't work then ill contact you again.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello el5,

There shouldn't be any issues with the ORM driver. It may be outdated, but it's still customized and specifically released for your system model. Feel free to let me know if you have questions or clarifications.

We'll wait for your update soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello el5,

Good day!

We hope to get an update on this. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there are any aspects you'd like to discuss or require further explanation on.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
el5
Beginner

After not updating it, the problem still persisted. I saw that a new driver update was available and I installed it. The problem is still there but it cuts out way less and has faster reconnects after disconnecting, noticed that my applications don't go offline from the looks of it. I'm going to contact my motherboard manufacturer to see if I can get my adapter replaced since I noticed a little tear on one of the wires but not sure if that's the problem but worth checking out. 

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello el5,

Good day!

We highly appreciate your sharing this update. We will be closing this case now. Should you have new concerns in the future, feel free to create a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

Jeanette C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos