Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz - yet another TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged) and disconnects

martin_k
New Contributor I

Long story short.

Bought a new notebook with Ax200. Have it connected to the mikrotik router, and I'm experiencing like many others disconnects. Usually when connection is under load. Actuall protocol is Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac).

It happens "sometimes" - once no occurence in 5 days, suddenly twice in two days.

What happens is seriours of events:

1) 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

2) then many of these: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

3) followed by resets: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

The network interface "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 2 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Miniport Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz, {1c3006b2-42c5-4706-8f37-0da41b34cccd}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has detected an internal error

WLAN AutoConfig detected limited connectivity, attempting automatic recovery.

Recovery Type: 4
Error Code: 0x0
Trigger Reason: 7
IP Family: 0

A service was installed in the system.

Service Name: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service
Service File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\piecomponent.inf_amd64_cca7e9f7d000eb41\Intel_PIE_Service.exe
Service Type: user mode service
Service Start Type: demand start
Service Account: LocalSystem

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped unexpectedly.

Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelIHVRouter08.dll

4) and finaly after 20 secs or so on network:

6062 - Lso was triggered 

- SSU report attached

- installation of clean OEM driver - done

- latest version 21.90.3.2

- windows 10 - 2004

Router:

- Mikrotik RouterBOARD 962UiGS-5HacT2Hn / fw: 6.47 / router os  6.47

- 5GHz iface settings

antenna-gain=1 band=5ghz-a/n/ac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-eCee country="united states" disable-running-check=\
yes disabled=no frequency=5200 installation=indoor mode=ap-bridge multicast-helper=full name=wlan3 security-profile=wlan0_wpa2 ssid=\
cxxxxx wireless-protocol=802.11

I would like to point out:

I never experienced such problems with any other older notebook / work notebook or any other device.

Let me know what to do and wha information to give you. so  you will be able to finally  fix your driver.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
124 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

When did the issue start?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

You should be able to find in the enclosed support dump but:

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

BaseBoard Manufacturer:"ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC."
BIOS Mode:"UEFI"
BIOS Version/Date:"American Megatrends Inc. GA401IV.212 , 05/08/2020 12:00 AM"

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

System Model:"ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IV_GA401IV"

Is this a new computer?

YES

Was it working fine before?

NO - broken out of the box

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

YES - last one was OEM clear driver install - NO HW CHANGES

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

Installed

When did the issue start?

Just few minutes after unboxing the machine

1) machine turned first on : 6/6/2020 20:24:07 - The operating system started at system time ‎2020‎-‎06‎-‎07T01:24:07.500000000Z.

2) issue occured first on  6/6/2020 20:44:51

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Home

----

I hope that helps!

0 Kudos
moncureww
Beginner

I am experiencing the same exact issue, albeit on a Framework DIY i5 laptop. attached are the relevant files from both the driver assistant and intel ssu. Can you help?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In reference to your inquiry, I was checking the specifications of the Router and it says it works with Wireless 2.4 GHz standards 802.11b/g/n and Wireless 5 GHz standards 802.11a/n/ac, it seems that it does not support the 802.11ax protocol, so the problem actually can be related to compatibility with the Router being used:

https://mikrotik.com/product/RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT

In the following link you will find the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

-Tes the computer using VHT mode or 802.11acenables 802.11ac data rates

-Please try to change the channel width  from 'Auto" to "20 MHz"

-Do you have the option to test the computer with a different Router or Access Point?

If the problem persists after trying the steps above, keep in mind that this problem could also be related to a hardware issue with the laptop itself, since it is brand new you can always get in contact directly with the place of purchase to verify the warranty options for the unit.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Albert,

the router is set o 80MHZ which conform the specification of AC as you can see in my very first post:

5ghz-a/n/ac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-eCee country

Please come with another solution with a wifi speed closer  year 2020 or data gathering proposal,. which help you, in case intel doesn't have it's own lab.

In a case, you want more detailed setting of the router, just ask please, also if you propose to change some setting on the router, so it'll conform with your drivers, let me know which one and to set them to what please.

---- EDIT

About the warranty: Even here on the forum are posts, where other users bought new  units and the problems remained. So this is not a way as well.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

In reference to the router specifications, as you mentioned it is set to 80MHZ which conform the specification of AC, but the thing is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 uses AX. 

Regarding the Router settings, that is something that only the manufacturer of it will be able to verify, so, did you check directly with the manufacturer of the Router to confirm it is fully compatible with the Intel® AX Wireless card and to verify if it is using the proper settings as well? 

In the link provided previously, you will find the settings that are available in the Intel® Wireless card, could you please provide the results of trying the following on the Wireless card:

-Tes the computer using VHT mode or 802.11acenables 802.11ac data rates

-Do you have the option to test the computer with a different Router or Access Point?

Regarding the warranty suggestion, that is just for you to know that option is available since it is a brand new computer, most stores have a 30-day policy warranty but that is something to check directly with them.

The fact that other peers are reporting the same scenario, does not rule out the option that for this specific case the problem could be related to hardware.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Dear Albert,

----If I set the channels to 20Mhz, it's slow, I'm not going that way - I'm sorry that is not an option.

In reference to the router specifications, as you mentioned it is set to 80MHZ which conform the specification of AC, but the thing is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 uses AX. 

Regarding the Router settings, that is something that only the manufacturer of it will be able to verify, so, did you check directly with the manufacturer of the Router to confirm it is fully compatible with the Intel® AX Wireless card and to verify if it is using the proper settings as well? 

---I'm asking intel as a manufacturer of my card, that it conforms the 802.11N / 802.11 AC standards, if it was tested with. Does it? Please tell me yes or noDo you have list of tested devices (routers / APs)?

Regarding the warranty suggestion, that is just for you to know that option is available since it is a brand new computer, most stores have a 30-day policy warranty but that is something to check directly with them.

The fact that other peers are reporting the same scenario, does not rule out the option that for this specific case the problem could be related to hardware.

---No I'm sorry, I don't agree. It's happening too many time in the wild, guys exchanged hw without a luck.

Let's start this way:

1 )Ask please engineer responsible for the drivers to clarify, what is happening  while these messages - as above -  are logged.

2) Follow with your engineering team, if your card conform with  802.11N/  802.11AC standard.  I believe, there shall be backward compatibility. If not, make a clear statement, that this card isn't compatible with older standards.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi martin_k, Thank you very much for clarifying that information.

In regard to your question about the standards, yes, the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 card complies with all the standards as you can confirm in the following link, please look for "IEEE WLAN Standard" under technical specifications:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/wi-fi-6-ax200-module-brief.pdf

If by any chance you are interested in checking further details about this matter you can also verify the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007443/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Keep in mind that Intel® sells the Wireless cards to the computer manufacturers and they are the ones that integrate it into their systems, following the standards and regulations like for example country regulations and they implement the wireless card along with different components like for example the antennas and additionally they do heavy customizations on their platform before it gets available for purchase.

Based on that fact is the reason why we do not have a list of tested Routers or AP's but that is something that you can always check directly with ASUS, they should be able to provide the list that you are looking for:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Albert,

thank you. 

Let me know, when you'll be able to provide technical insight into drivers messages:

1 )Ask please engineer responsible for the drivers to clarify, what is happening  while these messages - as above -  are logged.

When can I expect them?

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, Thank you very much for your response.

In order to try to fix the problem with the Wireless connection, please try a clean installation of the Intel® Wireless driver version 21.90.3:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29520/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=189347

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Just to let you know, there is also an Intel® Wireless driver that will be released next week, once it becomes available I will let you know for you to try install it and let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Quentin
Beginner

Hi, I have the same issue, can you provide a driver that fix this issue. I sold a new laptop and get important bugs 2 days after with the wireless, It's just not admissible.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto,

I have this driver installed and it was a clean install - therefore it's no a solution. Please let me know changelog of the upcomming drvier and get the answers to the questions, what is happening, while these errors are logged by a driver, developed by intel.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Idonavon
Beginner

I have the same issue and while looking for a fix i noticed this problem is happening to many people.

Intel became trash... i should have waited for AMD 4000 series much better performance and less **bleep** drivers..

0 Kudos
Idonavon
Beginner

if you check your event viewer what do you see?

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Idovanon,

it starts with evenit 5007

5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

then multiple 5010

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

Then multiple 5002 during the occurence of 5010s

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

Until reset.

0 Kudos
Idonavon
Beginner

I had a different problem.

the error was

"security-spp the rules engine reported a failed vl activation attempt"

and

"netwtw08 6062 - lso was triggered"

after deleting Microsoft office it looks like the disconnections stopped.

I think in your case it's a different issue, I read somewhere that someone fixed your problem by deleting the bt driver 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello martin_k, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

Sure, as soon as the new Intel® Wireless driver becomes available for download I will provide the update on this thread.

Quentin and Idonavon: Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto,

when I can expect details, about the logged messages from someone, who's responsible for the drivers? We don't need to wait on new driver for that. Please get them ASAP.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, Thank you very much for your response.

We will do further research on this matter in order to try to gather the information you are looking for, still, once the Intel® Wireless driver becomes available I will let you know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Thank Albert, 

I'll wait your reply.

Have a great rest of the day!

0 Kudos