Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz frequents disconnections

Bryant
Beginner

I just got an Asus Tuf Dash F15 and the wifi disconnects every so often, and I am 7 feet from the router I walk 2 more feet and it cannot connect, I have to be 1 foot from the router so that the wifi does not disconnect
 I unistall and reinstall the drivers i updated
I have the version 22.70.0.6 of Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Essereio
New Contributor I

Is the firmware updated on the router?

0 Kudos
Bryant
Beginner

The router has no firmware update

My router is Huawei EG8141A5, i dont know they router no have update  firmware...

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Bryant

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Do you also get Bluetooth issues?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on hardwired connection?
  • What drivers did you test?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Bryant
Beginner
Do you also have problems with Bluetooth? R = No.
When did it start to happen? R = When I go to the room, I have to be next to the router or if the connection does not go away, and it is not a problem with the router since I have several devices connected and very far from the router and it does not happen
Do you remember if this problem occurred after a new OS update or a wireless driver update? R = Not since I got the computer was it updated to the latest wifi software.
Does this problem occur at home, in the office, or both? R = Everywhere, it may be a problem with the wifi adapter or it is not compatible with the router, that is what I do not know
Is this a new computer? If so, check with your system OEM for validated drivers or assistance on known issues related to the symptoms you are experiencing. R= The laptop is imported from another country i can't get the warranty.
What version of operating system are you using? R = Windows 10 Version 21H1, Comp 19043.1237
Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you recently changed / installed a new adapter? R = It is not the original one since when starting windows the windows update updated it automatically
Have you checked if this problem occurs on different networks? R = Yes in all networks only with this laptop
Can you reproduce the same problem with a wired connection? No, wired it does not reproduce any problem.
What drivers did you test? I installed old drivers and they all still didn't work, they still failed.
Were you able to have your wireless connection in normal / expected performance before? R = No
Have you installed any recent software or hardware on your system? R = No, the one that comes from the factory the laptop I have not changed at all
Have you tried reverting to a previous version of the driver for testing? R = No.
Have you rebooted your access point, router, modem? R = Yes and many times
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Please also include the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Bryant
Beginner

Do you also have problems with Bluetooth? R = No

When did it start to happen? R = When I went to my room with the laptop it did not connect to the Wi-Fi connection, I have to be next to the router to connect it, and it is not a problem with the router since I have several devices connected to a greater range and they do not disconnect

Do you remember if this problem occurred after a new OS update or a wireless driver update? R = No, it was updated when starting the laptop for the first time

Does this problem occur at home, in the office, or both? R = If I have tried several wifi and the same thing happens

Is this a new computer? If so, check with your system OEM for validated drivers or assistance on known issues related to the symptoms you are experiencing. R = I have installed the drivers from the same page and still nothing.

What version of operating system are you using? R = Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Comp 19043.1237

Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you recently changed / installed a new adapter? R = I have not changed adapter, it is the original one with which it includes

Have you checked if this problem occurs on different networks? R = If the same thing happens in different Wi-Fi networks

Can you reproduce the same problem with a wired connection? R = Not with ethernet cabling this problem does not occur, only with wifi. What drivers did you test? R = I installed drivers from old versions and still the problem continued.

Were you able to have your wireless connection in normal / expected performance before? R = My connection is stable but the wifi when I move away a bit disconnects and I do not get the internet.

Have you installed any recent software or hardware on your system? R = It is not as it came from the factory.

Have you tried reverting to an earlier version of the driver for testing? R = If, as I mentioned, old and new drivers, I tried and the problem is still there.

Have you rebooted your access point, router, modem? R = If many times and it is not a problem with the router, what I can believe is that wifi 6 is not compatible with the router, is what I think ...

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information. We are still working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

From the information and reports provided, it seems that this is an issue with the antenna. Does this happen on both bands? 2.4 and 5GHz? We recommend checking with the laptop manufacturer for hardware diagnostics.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos