Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz giving error code 43 and refuses to work no matter what I try.

FluffyFluxxy
Beginner

Recently I have been having trouble with my wireless wifi adapter. I have tried reinstalling the driver by uninstalling it and letting my laptop install it automatically. Then manually. I have disabled and re-enabled it. I have changed settings on it which worked for about a day before it kept happening again. Originally it only disabled when I played a game on my laptop but I found it happens on multiple applications and now it does not even function outside of them anymore like it did originally. I am using Windows 10 and have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz. I have tried restoring my computer to a previous point but it was not far enough back. I do not know what to do anymore. Can anyone please assist me? My college starts in a week and I need to have it working by then.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello FluffyFluxxy,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Did you notice the issue after a system update? When did it start?

4. What is the brand and model name of the router?

5. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? 

6. Have you checked with the computer manufacturer for instructions?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
FluffyFluxxy
Beginner

Hello DeividA_Intel,

Thank you very much for responding.

2. It is indeed the original adapter that came pre-installed.

3. No, it occurred seemingly out of nowhere. It started on the 7th of February.

4.  The brand is D-Link and the model name is : DSL-G2562DG

5. This is a laptop.

6. Yes, they did not get back to me.

0 Kudos
BearFox
Beginner

Hi Tech Support,

I had the same issue recently, and the issue resolved itself; however, today the issue was not resolved. I tried a lot of troubleshooting to fix the issue, and everything I did, even the reinstalling of the windows, was still not working. I hope to hear from you soon.

intel(r) wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz code 43

Please see attached

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello FluffyFluxxy, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on your report, I would like you to try the following:

1. Update Windows to the latest version and built, not to Windows 11.

2. Tried with MSI drivers and let me know if the issue persists:

3. Try a clean install of the Intel drivers:

4. Follow this to try to correct the code 43:

1. Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
  2. Go to the Connections tab
  3. Click LAN Settings
  4. uncheck Automatically detect settings
  5. Uninstall your Antivirus Software

5. Perform a cold reboot of the system.

• This refers to fully shutting down the device and removing all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, then repowering. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello FluffyFluxxy, 

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello FluffyFluxxy, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
OzzyLyonne
Novice

Hi Deivid,

As I looked for this issue on the net, many people are having it. Yet INTEL does not bother to do anything. It is absolutely not related to any brand of laptop or pc. It is related to INTEL. I tried every and each thing yet, problem is consistent.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello FluffyFluxxy, 

As the last recommendation, if the steps provided did not work try to get in contact with MSI so they can help you with further steps and instructions for your MSI GF63 Thin 10SCSR.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
MrGreycat
Beginner
I have the same issue!!
Brand new SAMSUNG Alpha2 13” 730QDA

I do all windows updates and recently after an update, I can not fix this issue.

I’ve disabled/enabled.
Uninstalled, then rebooted and let the OS install (22.140.0.3) Same not fixed!
I’ve uninstalled and manually installed the latest 22.150. Same not fixed!

I usually open device manager right after booting and I see the Intel AX201 list under network adapters. It appears healthy and working then the yellow exclamation icon appears over and over.

I just purchased this laptop and spent 2 months researching 13” laptops for my small business.

Samsung support over the phone and messaging service were No Help. I am expected to “ship/return to Samsung and in a month should receive it back”

Is there anyone that has been having this issue that has actually fixed it?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Ankizmo
Beginner

I have the same issue with this Wi-Fi adapter on an HP All in One. I have tried everything mentioned, but the problem persists. Sometimes it's error 10, and other times it's error 43. Please, Intel, provide a solution for this problem, which, as documented on the internet, seems to be a common issue across different devices from various brands and while running different applications. Therefore, it seems logical to assume that the problem lies with your adapter. By the way, I already have the driver update installed that was released by you in August of this year 2023.

0 Kudos
Devs
Beginner
Literally have the same issue it’s ridiculous. None of the solutions provided actually work and now I can’t do anything I’ve planned until this is resolved
0 Kudos
Czar1
Beginner

I have the same issue with this wifi adapter. @DeividA_Intel please provide any info you can.

0 Kudos
theasusguy
Beginner

I had the same issue, keep getting code 43. I thought it was the Windows Updater messing with the driver and disabled Windows Driver Update features but that did not solve it. From my previous experiences I know that if you uplug&plug a device it might fix the problem. That's what I did and now it works. Unplugged it, scrubbed the pins of wifi card, plugged it back and voila. 

Btw, if anyone using the same base as my pc (Asus F15 FX506HM), the wifi card is under your first m2 slot. You probably won't be able to see it directly, to get to it you need to remove your m2 ssd first. 

Note: Forgot to mention that I also unplugged the cables of wifi card and plugged them back. You might also try that while you already removed your wifi card. Be careful and do not mix the cables and the slots.

@Ankizmo @Czar1 

0 Kudos
Czar1
Beginner

Thanks for the update, but in my case it's built into the mobo. Thanks for nothing @DeividA_Intel 

0 Kudos