Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7501 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz (Netwtw12) error internet connection drop on 5ghz

Smooth
New Contributor I

I've read multiple threads and there are people who have the same problem.

Intel said the issue would be fixed in the latest driver, 22.230.0.0, but the issue has not been fixed at all.

What's even more serious is that the Windows Event Viewer gets an error with ID 6062 every time it catches the WIFI.

In addition, when operating a wireless display such as Microsoft Miracast in the 5GHZ (802.11ac) band, there is a connection delay or drop.

I've seen a lot of solutions. This has not been resolved.

I tried to change the 801.11ac band of the router to ax, but only the ac band existed in the router's band.

I adjusted the channel width from 80mhz to 160mhz, but this hasn't been resolved either.

Intel needs to solve this problem quickly.
Because it's not just my problem, but a serious problem that many people are experiencing.

By the way, I took this laptop to the service center and it was judged that there was no problem with the hardware.

If you see this post, please let me know what I have to do.

1 Solution
Smooth
New Contributor I

Hello, everyone.

I'm here to tell you a happy news.

Installing the latest release of Intel wireless driver 22.240.0.6 does not cause disconnection.

The connection was constantly disconnected and the Event Viewer experienced 5002, 5005 errors, but after installing the driver, there was no error at all and no disconnection occurred.

I've finally solved this problem and I think it can help people who are experiencing the same problem as me.

On the other hand, when users complain of the same problem, you should not send us to the manufacturer (OEM), but to see if there are any driver problems.

Intel Technical Counselor sent me to Microsoft but it was a driver issue in the end.

Thank you for reading the long article.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Smooth
New Contributor I

Hello, everyone.

I'm here to tell you a happy news.

Installing the latest release of Intel wireless driver 22.240.0.6 does not cause disconnection.

The connection was constantly disconnected and the Event Viewer experienced 5002, 5005 errors, but after installing the driver, there was no error at all and no disconnection occurred.

I've finally solved this problem and I think it can help people who are experiencing the same problem as me.

On the other hand, when users complain of the same problem, you should not send us to the manufacturer (OEM), but to see if there are any driver problems.

Intel Technical Counselor sent me to Microsoft but it was a driver issue in the end.

Thank you for reading the long article.

asteele1
Beginner

Intel wireless driver 22.240.0.6 is not fixing our issue within the environment. What is the next solution? 

0 Kudos
CatchTheCarp
Beginner

I am having the same issue as Smooth.   Mobo is Gigabyte Z690 UD AX with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz.   Intermittent drop outs and error Netwtw12 in the event viewer.   Disconnects happen on both 5G and 2.4 bands.   Latest drivers installed.  My work around was to install old Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter PCIe card in the machine and disable the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 adapter. Router is a Netgear Orbi RBS860.   There are multiple PC's connected to the Orbi and the only machine that is experiencing dropouts is the one with the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 adapter.    Please fix your drivers.   

0 Kudos
As_de_ases
Beginner

I ´ve found a solution for this ocurring on my Assus Rog Strix 16 2023 which sometimes the wifi just dropped connection and kicked me off in some online games, very annoying:
Go to device manager, properties, Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 , advanced, 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode → DISABLED
and after that i get a little bit slow connexion speeds, but i have good ping and my wifi doesnt disconnect anymore 

0 Kudos