Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7898 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz keeps disconnecting

dpmesa
Beginner

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz keeps disconnecting. The system event log shows the following error

The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP1
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

0 Kudos
1 Reply
3Fees
New Contributor I

Buy a wifi 6E router since AX211 is a 6E card. This whole issue could be non-wifi 6E routers, Intel driver is most likely activating 6E and if the router is not 6E does not like being downgraded to wifi 6 or 5-AC, thus no wifi 6E router, no netwtw12 handshake, error 6062.

You are in the 3Fees zone.

I had a quality wifi 5-AC router and my AX201 was not doing well, upgraded to wifi 6 AX router and incidentals not a problem since connection speed 1.2Gb/s and can go up to 2.4Gb/s. Match your Wifi card with your wifi router, a work around for those working would be a customized driver by the manufacturer or someone else.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos