Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7671 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160Mhz Netwtw14

miksmelderis
Beginner

Hello, my Yoga Slim 9 14IAP7 laptop for the past few months has been having issues with wifi, the connection drops, unable to connect, and it is really slow. I have deleted and updated drivers several times and also changed the motherboard and things attached to it, the RAM, wifi and so on. Nothing helped.

In the event viewer every time there is an issue with a connection, multiple events are created with the source being Netwtw14.

I have also tried to change the Wireless modes in Device Manager as advised in other, similar situations. I suspect that it could be related to the 5/2.4 Ghz wifi signal because the hotspot from a mobile phone is 2.4 Ghz and it works without any issues.

Please help, I don't know what else to do!

I added a screenshot.

miksmelderis_1-1704799874949.png

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @miksmelderis

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We sincerely regret you are experiencing issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (Gig+), we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please answer the following:

·      Was it working before?

·      Have you made any recent software change?

·      Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?

·      Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

·      Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

·      Have you modified any Wi-Fi adapter settings before issue appears?

·      Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
miksmelderis
Beginner

Hello.

• Yes, in the first months after getting the laptop the wifi connection seemed to be working fine
  • No, no I haven't made any software changes
  • Yes, the issue persists on different networks, at home, on mobile hotspots and on work wifi.
  • I can't reboot the work wifi, but I have done this step with home wifi and mobile hotspot
  • No, i have not made any changes before the wifi issues began. I have made a few changes now, in the Device Manager, like changing the wireless mode and so on, but now everything should be set to default.
  • What do you mean by this? I have all of the newest drivers for this device provided by Intel drivers software, windows updates and Lenovo vantage software.

Here is another screenshot from today, showing all of the Netwtw14 errors and warnings i keep on getting

And i am also attaching the report you requested

miksmelderis_2-1705926133881.png

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello miksmelderis

Thank you for providing that information.

Please perform a clean installation of the OEM wireless driver:

Step 1: Download the driver from here: Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 11 (64-bit) - Yoga Slim 9 14IAP7, Slim 9 14IAP7

Step 2: Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

a.              Go to Device Manager.

b.              Expand the Network Adapters category.

c.              Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

d.              Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

e.              Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

Step 3Restart your computer.

Step 4: Driver installation.

Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Right-click it and select the option to Run as administrator.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
miksmelderis
Beginner

I had already tried this, but ok, I tried it again, and the Netwtw14 error/warnings in the event viewer still persist. However, now they only appear when connecting to a wifi.

I haven't had the time to do more thorough testing but the speed seems better, and online radio and YouTube is watchable.

Would it somehow be possible to fix the Netwtw14 issue?

miksmelderis_0-1706084492637.png

0 Kudos
miksmelderis
Beginner

Update, the wifi still has interruptions, and when that happens i still get the same error in the Event viewer. However, it does still feel quicker

miksmelderis_0-1706088158451.png

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello miksmelderis

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear that your connection feels quicker. Please allow us to research about this issue internally, we will post back as soon as we have any update.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello miksmelderis

Thank you for waiting.

We have some recommendations:

·      Reset network settings via Windows (type network reset in Windows search bar)

·      Disable Quick Start (by the BIOS/UEFI and Windows)

·      Completely uninstall all driver versions installed on Windows (from device manager uninstall until getting the inbox driver then install the latest driver available).

Please let us know if that helped.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello miksmelderis, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
miksmelderis
Beginner

Hello, the wifi seemed to be working better last week, but today it was as bad as before. At one point just by trying to connect to the same network as last week the the whole wifi thing just crashed and the Event Viewer showed a lot of the same Netwtw14 error.

Now I have reset my network settings and disabled Quick start both in bios and Windows. From the last instructions i dont understand which wifi driver I should install, I mean the source, the one provided by you with the link, intel driver or Lenovo software?

So far I only get one or two Netwtw14 errors when I am connecting to a wifi network, disconnecting and reconnecting also produces one or two errors. But speed is better.

So are there any more permanent solutions available?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello miksmelderis, Thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps suggested previously.

In reference to your question, the proper driver for your device is the one provided by Lenovo, since it is customized by them. As an alternative, you can install the Intel® wireless driver which is generic, without the OEM customizations.

Since the problem persisted with both driver versions, we will continue with our research on this matter in order to try to find a possible solution for this scenario. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello miksmelderis, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, we determined that this issue is related to the Operating System. Based on that, what we recommend as the next thing to do, will be to get in contact directly with Lenovo Support for further assistance on this matter. They might be able to reproduce the issue using the same exact machine you are working with, provide a fix for it, do a physical inspection of the computer if needed, suggest further troubleshooting steps or technical assistance, and ultimately replace the laptop under their warranty policies:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Andy_J
Beginner

I experience the exact same thing on a Lenovo Yoga 14IRP8. Other than the intermittent WiFi drops, I also can't connect to 5 GHz WiFi (only 2.4) and I also experience issues using ethernet via USB dock. 

0 Kudos
tedew_jo
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same issue as described above on my Laptop !!! (Laptop - TongFang GM7PX0N ). 

I saw that simillar topics regarding this card on other vendors. 

Is there some bug in this card or in the driver ?? 

Thank You. 

0 Kudos
alexeulescu
Beginner

Same problem here with an asus tuf f15 fx506hc , before and after windows reinstall, either installed via windows update or inte's driver from the website (w/o repair or uninstall-reinstall) for an ax210 160mhz; Also did sfc and DISM scans

I did not notice any disconnects from my Wifi but in Event Viewer i constantly get Information/Warning that mention Event IDs 6062 7021 7002 7005 7006 7027 from source Netwtw14. This card is an card ugrade from my original Mediatek since a lot of people on the same platform did the same upgrade.

Driver version 23.20.0.4 / Driver Date 11/29/2023 . On S0 standby network connected (last windows reinstall was with network disconnected)

I also noticed something strange in Device manager, there is no Power Management tab to check or uncheck the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

0 Kudos
JosephY
Beginner
I have similar problem since I bought and first time used this laptop. I’ve tried everything listing above but none of them solve this problem-dropping of internet connection.
0 Kudos
Andy_J
Beginner

I actually had some success on this issue, however I'm not sure if there was just one thing that fixed it or not. Take note of your current settings before changing anything.

On Advanced properties of the Wi-Fi network adapter, I changed:

• 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode set to 802.11n
  • MIMO Power Save Mode set to No SMPS

Also, it might be worth testing forgetting other networks that might be available at the same time.

You could try to disable WLAN autoconfig using terminal command netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi"

You could also experiment with the service WLAN AutoConfig in Windows Services (services.msc).

DW1977
Beginner

Bumping this issue - as I'm running the absolute latest driver package for the AX211 and seeing the exact same issue

Drops / resets connection
Greater load seems to exacerbate the frequency of the resets (Video conferencing results in resets every 10 min or so)

The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw14 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP22
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

802.11ax, 5ghz connection

Network type : Infrastructure
Radio type : 802.11ax
Authentication : WPA3-Personal
Cipher : CCMP
Connection mode : Auto Connect
Band : 5 GHz
Channel : 157
Receive rate (Mbps) : 432
Transmit rate (Mbps) : 432
Signal : 57%

DRIVER VERSION: 23.60.1.2