Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7449 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-fi 6 ax201 160 MHz code 43

DGCyrus
Beginner

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz giving error code 43 and refuses to work

Someone had exactly my problem too ,issue link https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-Wi-Fi-6-AX201-160MHz-giving-error-code-43-and-refuses-to/m-p/1474675

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver multiple times, restarted the laptop gazillion times, updated Windows 11 Update , but I still keep getting this error.

Laptop is able to connect via USB tether and Ethernet.

DEVICE STATUS

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

It's exactly my problem too

I have an Asus Tuf Fx706he

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello DGCyrus,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand how complicated this is, especially after all the steps you performed. I would like to check more about this issue by collecting this information:

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one? Integration may cause unexpected issues.  

2. Is the Bluetooth working? I want to confirm if the issue is affecting both.

3. Is the issue present with both drivers (Intel, Asus)? Want to confirm if both drivers are presenting the same behavior.

4. Was the adapter working before? When did the issue start?

5. Did you check this issue with Asus? Just to confirm if Asus gave you any steps or information.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DGCyrus
Beginner

1.both original and updated I tried

2.no Bluetooth is ok

3.just Intel 

4.yes I have the laptop for 2 years and just last week it happened till now 

5.no 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello DGCyrus, 

Thanks for the confirmation. In this case, the Intel drivers are just generic and the drivers from laptop manufacturers (Aus in this case) are customized to fit/meet the manufacturer requirements for this laptop model.

The manufacturers can add/remove/limit some features with their driver and BIOS and one of them is to only use the manufacturer's drivers. Based on this, I recommend you use the driver provided by Asus and check with them for further support.

I you would like to try additional steps before contacting Asus, check the following recommendations:

1. Reset BIOS to default settings.

2. Restore the system from the restore point. If the wireless network problem happens recently, and if you have ever created a restore point or there is an automatic system restore existed, try to restore the computer to a point before the problem began.

3. You may want to perform a clean installation of the operating system.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DGCyrus
Beginner

A specific driver from Intel products has a problem and has been reported to Intel, but Intel employees refer us to Asus without even checking if this particular driver had a problem.

Thanks for your advice, I had seen all the advice you did on the internet.

You just need to search the problem of this particular driver on the Internet to see that this issue is not only related to a specific brand of laptop and find a way to fix it, not referring to Asus.

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

There is several items on the net that worked. Enter Bios disable wifi, reboot enter bios and enable, reset bios to default settings,turn laptop over and reset the laptop with a toothpick (30-40 seconds) with power to laptop removed, reset wifi network adapter in windows  and many more.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
theasusguy
Beginner

I had the same issue, keep getting code 43. I thought it was the Windows Updater messing with the driver and disabled Windows Driver Update features but that did not solve it. From my previous experiences I know that if you uplug&plug a device it might fix the problem. That's what I did and now it works. Unplugged it, scrubbed the pins of wifi card, plugged it back and voila. 

Btw, if anyone using the same base as my pc (Asus F15 FX506HM), the wifi card is under your first m2 slot. You probably won't be able to see it directly, to get to it you need to remove your m2 ssd first. 

Note: Forgot to mention that I also unplugged the cables of wifi card and plugged them back. You might also try that while you already removed your wifi card. Be careful and do not mix the cables and the slots.

0 Kudos