Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

Intel(R) Wifi 6E AX211 160MHz

Loud_astro
Beginner
Hi!I am facing issue with my onboard wifi 6E.
Msi z690a wifi ddr5
I build my pc couple of weeks back. All was working fine then wifi started encountering problems. Updated the latest intel WiFi 6E driver still couldn't fix.
Device status( error code 43)
Netwtw12 /Netwtw10 device not started.
I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled also rolled back but no solution.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Loud_astro
Beginner

Here is the SSU report of my system.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Loud_astro  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective on this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 
  2. Please specify the problems you mentioned (no wi-fi connection, slow speeds, etc.) 
  3. Does this issue happen with another network or router? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Loud_astro
Beginner
  1. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)?
    this is the pre-installed wifi card in my motherboard msi pro z690A-wifi ddr5

2. Please specify the problems you mentioned (no wi-fi connection, slow speeds, etc.) 

The issue is with the wifi itself, it doesnot show itself on the taskbar and in settings. bluetooth is visible and working perfectly. The wifi 6E driver in device manager has a yello exclamation mark with error code 43 and event logs have Netwtw12/10 errors. Previously i had the wifi driver from msi website for my motherboard, it started dropping connections and disappearing from the toolbars/taskbar. Further i updated the driver from intel website sill same issue persists. I have even unistalled the driver and rebooted also followed intel guidelines to network reset and cold reboot but no solutions whatsoever.

3. Does this issue happen with another network or router? 
the router isnt the problem here as the wifi never shows the ssids and just disables itself and refuses to turn on, disapearing from the taskbar and remains as it is untill i reinstall it and then again this cycle repeats

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Loud_astro   

Thank you for the information provided. Try these steps regarding your Wi-Fi issue: 

1. Change the startup type of WLAN services: 
    1. From the Windows* search bar, open the Task Manager 
    2. Click on Services 
    3. Click on Open services 
    4. Look for WLAN autoconfig and open Properties 
    5. Change the startup type to automatic 
    6. Click on Start and save the changes 
  2. Try a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest Intel wireless driver. If the issue persists, try this step using your System Manufacturer's driver, please check the notes below. 

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) when you are uninstalling the driver software since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully.    

Note #2: We recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the Wireless driver software or software packaging. 

Please let us know the results after doing these steps.

Best regards,   

Jocelyn M.    

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
Loud_astro
Beginner
Hi! I had done all the above steps you mentioned, moreover I reset my pc with the option to 'keep my flies' but still no solution to be found. I also tested this using the driver provided by both intel and the system manufacturer (msi)
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Loud_astro  

Thank you for the information provided.  

In that case, please provide us with an Intel SSU report so we can investigate further this issue: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,   

Jocelyn M.    

0 Kudos
Loud_astro
Beginner

I had already attached the SSU report in this thread however I am attaching it again.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Loud_astro   

We are aware that you previously provided an Intel SSU report, but for the investigation, we need an updated Intel SSU report since there were driver updates and so. Thank you for the new report provided. 

I will do some research on this. As soon as I have updates, I will post them here. 

Best regards,   

Jocelyn M.    

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Loud_astro   

Thank you for your time. 

Please try the following steps as well: 

• Several customers have reported the issue being fixed by to performing a Cold reboot of the system after reinstalling the driver. This refers to fully shut down the device and removing all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, then repowering.  
  • Restore the system from the restore point. If the wireless network problem happens recently, and if you have ever created a restore point or there is an automatic system restore existed, try to restore the computer to a point before the problem began. 
  • Reset your PC. If the problem persists after all troubleshooting steps are completed. Please back up your personal files, then reset the PC back to its original configuration.  
  • To learn more about the system restore and system reset, refer to Recovery options in Windows. 

If the issue persists after all these steps, you need to contact your System Manufacturer for further assistance with this issue. 

Best regards,   

Jocelyn M.    

0 Kudos
asteele1
Beginner

Jecelyn, My organization is having this issue, and none of the above, nor updating to the most current driver, have resolved the issue. Looking for some assistance. 

0 Kudos
Loud_astro
Beginner
I had done all the workarounds available on multiple forums but no solution. Even did a fresh windows as a last resort but no use. Lastly i setup an ethernet connection to my pc. Also i haven't reached out to my motherboard manufacturer which is msi.
I thought the problem was with my onboard cnvi module responsible for wifi. But after hearing from other people facing same issue i guess then it must be software bug.
By the way what motherboard are you using, to make things more clear
0 Kudos
Bborz
Beginner
Is there a more recent fix for this? Same issue. Lenovo Legend. All original. Have tried uninstall and cold reboot. Nothing. I can’t look for on line updates as I have no way to connect to WiFi!
0 Kudos
Marco_Netherlands

Same issue here, sometimes, after I did some kind of change it works, for a very short period but then same errors as the topic starter.

Laptop, Lenovo Legion Slim 7 82Y3 (16IRH8), Intel Core i7-13700H, 32GB, Windows 11 Pro (10.0.22621) with Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 network adapter.

I have tried so many things. Deleting drivers, using Intel (newer than the supported Lenovo version) drivers, back to restorepoint (helped only for some minutes) and so on. I also changed "Sleep on WoWLAN disconnect" to disabled, which looked like to be helping for a few minutes but then same error back. The latest time it worked for a few minutes was after adding a usb wifi adapter but within a few minutes it stopt working again.

I start to think that something is wrong with the adapter itself as the issues returns everytime, even when I think I fixed it.

I consider myself expierienced if it comes to troubleshooting and this is getting really annoying as I bought this laptop for my work.

If you google for this issue, more people encounter this, same adapter, other computer brands. So please, dig deeper into this and if I can be of any help by providing some logging, let me know to which secure system I can send logging to.

Bborz
Beginner
Did you ever figure this out. Exact same issue. Have gone thru all suggested changes, reboot, purges, etc
0 Kudos
Loud_astro
Beginner

No, i gave up on this. Using ethernet from then onwards. However do tell me if you guys have completely reset your windows, this means removing all files, system files, settings etc and having a fresh start. I haven't tried that yet. 

0 Kudos