Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz intermittent hangs on Windows 10

BostonDan
Beginner

I have an Asus ROG STRIX Z270E tower running Windows 10

For a few months, at random moments, the system will freeze for 5-30 seconds, with an occasional hang that forces me to reboot.

I replaced the network adapter with a new Asus PCE-AC58BT (really an "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz"). I also replaced my home WiFi Router.  There was no change in behavior

I have tried both the Intel WiFi-22.160.0 and 170.0 drivers

Here is a typical event log (reverse order):

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Warning 10/22/2022 10:23:11 AM Microsoft-Windows-NDIS 10400 None "The network interface ""Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz"" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized."
Error 10/22/2022 10:23:11 AM Netwtw08 5005 None Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.
Error 10/22/2022 10:23:09 AM Netwtw08 5055 None 5055 - HW error
Error 10/22/2022 10:23:08 AM Netwtw08 5005 None Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.
Error 10/22/2022 10:23:08 AM Netwtw08 5007 None 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

I've ran the System Support Utility and attached it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @BostonDan

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that the PCE-AC58BT is a PCIe wireless card from ASUS*.

This type of wireless card is actually considered a third-party device. Although it may come with an Intel® wireless chip and it may use our generic drivers, the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) is Asus* and this is what we call an "OEM integration" (Intel sells the chip to the OEM and they design this PCIe card that includes all the electronic to convert from M.2 to PCIe, they integrate the chip in the PCIe card and provide their own antennas and customized drivers. They also label it with their own brand/model).

In those scenarios, the recommendation is to use the drivers and software provided by ASUS* and to check with their Support team about any related issues (including requesting new updated drivers). This is because they are the proper channel of support and it is supposed that OEMs have access to the Intel® generic drivers so OEMs can make the necessary customizations before providing the drivers to their customers. If additional support is required, we recommend that you contact ASUS* Support for more assistance.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now from our side. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos