Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHZ is connecting to 5GHZ but the internet is very slow.

Muntazim
Beginner

Hi,

I am using MSI GL63 laptop. I have a modem of 200MBPS and it has 2 bandwidth 2.5GHZ and 5GHZ. 5Ghz is connected to my laptop but it's speed is too much slow as compared to 2.5GHz. I have checked in other devices where the 5GHZ is working perfectly but with this laptop it troubles me. Earlier i was using windows 10 ,i faced the issue then i upgraded to windows 11 , However the problem still persists.

I have package of 200mbps but i get 2 Mbps download speed while connected to 5GZ and in 2.5 GHZ i get around 80Mbps.

Please help me on this.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Muntazim

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card in the laptop)? 
  2. Was it working fine with the original/preinstalled wi-fi card in the laptop? 
  3. What is the name of test you are using to get the download and upload speeds? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Muntazim
Beginner
  1. Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card in the laptop)?  its original wifi card came with laptop
  2. Was it working fine with the original/preinstalled wi-fi card in the laptop?  yes
  3. What is the name of test you are using to get the download and upload speeds?  I have airtel 5g 200mbps wifi broadband..it has 2 bandwidth one is 2.5 ghz and another one 5 ghz..but my 5ghz is working very fast when i connect with other laptop but with this laptop its very slow as compared to 5ghz...if i do online test on okla online speed test too 5ghz is proving 130mbps in other laptop but with this laptop its only 2 mbps....its not supporting i dont know why? i have updated driver too but still same problem.
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Muntazim

Thank you for the information provided. 

In this case, perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest wireless driver

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 

Note #2: Since this is a laptop, we recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Muntazim.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Muntazim.   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Muntazim
Beginner
I tried everything you mentioned above but i didnt get the solution for this issue...
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Muntazim, 

Thanks for your confirmation. In this case, if this issue with the 5GHz band is only happening with this laptop and no other device is having the same problem, may suggest a hardware issue with the laptop.

If you already tried the latest driver from Intel and from the laptop manufacturer, I recommend you to check with the laptop manufacturer to confirm if they place any speed restriction on their laptop or if there is any malfunction with the card.

As additional information, you may find the following article helpful.

Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity:

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Muntazim,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Muntazim .   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos