Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz Fails when I start Applications

Victor61
Beginner

Hello, 

This problem started about a week ago in December 2020. The issue is, this driver automatically disables itself when I start any Productive applications such as 3ds Max, Substance Painter, ZBrush, After effects, etc. I opened the Device Manager only to see Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz disabled. I then Manually DEACTIVATED the driver and ACTIVATED it back again to see if the problem persists. It solves the issue only temporarily. Then after sometimes it's back to square one of the problem. I am online via the Ethernet cable. When I ran the troubleshooter, it suggested resetting network settings and restarting, which was then done using the troubleshooter to automatically fix it, to no avail. All my drivers are up to date when I checked, including windows 10 updates. Again, this is a recent issue. My BIOS is also running the recent version which was installed in October/ November.

My Laptop Specs;

Asus TUF Gaming FX514GD, Intel i7 8th Gen Processors, NVidia GTX 1050 4GB, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 64 bit

Screenshot 2020-12-28 094957.jpgScreenshot 2020-12-28 095034.jpg

Thank you in advance for any assistance to everyone.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jose_V_Intel

Hello Victor61,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided and in order to better understand your issue please provide the following information: 

• Verify-in the BIOS if there is an option that is disabling the WIFI

• Try to right-click to the Wi-Fi icon in the Windows notification area and select Enable (or Turn on) from the pop-up menu. If no Disable option is available in the pop-up menu, there may be an option called Open Network and Sharing Center. If so, select this option and then select Change adapter settings. Once the wireless network card icon is seen right-click and select Enable.

• Does the issue occur with other wireless connections? Have you tried to use another router/modem?

• Does the issue start after the windows update?

We will be waiting for your answers.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Victor61
Beginner

Hello

This issue probably started after a Windows update, because it started about a week ago but I am not entirely sure. However, there's another thread on this issue I saw yesterday as well but on the Microsoft Community. It's the same issue as mine but from August. My issue started last week I think

Intel(R) Wireless Ac9560 160mhz always stop working! - Microsoft Community

I have no other routers to check with, but my other devices including my second laptop work just fine while the issue persists on this Laptop. I would use the second laptop to look for solutions connected to the same router/network (since I have only one), so it's definitely an issue either with Windows update or the Intel Update since I use the Intel Driver Support and Assistant tool to automatically update drivers.

Attached Below is the system report. 

Thanks

Fadhil

0 Kudos
DaniC
Beginner

@Victor61 

I have the exact same problem described in the link you attached.
I also have the same adapter as yours, the problem started to me about a week ago too!

I have ASUS zenbook.

0 Kudos
Victor61
Beginner

Hello @DaniC 

My driver stops working when I start applications like Substance Painter, 3DS Max, or any power-hungry software (or even Photoshop). Were you able to notice anything like this on your side?

Thanks for sharing.

Fadhil

0 Kudos
DaniC
Beginner

@Victor61 

It happens to me after every restart\wake-up\turning the power on.

Every time i need to restore BIOS to defaults. 

It was worst at the beginning, the drivers was suddenly disappeared.

I changed a few settings on "power management".

At least I can work continuously between restarts now.

I already tried anything... even reinstalling WINDOWS.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi Victor61,

Thanks for your response.

I want to let you know that we are checking this situation internally,

Once we have an update and steps for you, we will let you know.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Jose_V_Intel

Hello Victor61,

After checking, we want to recommend you the following;

This thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos