Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz does not want to connect in 802.11AC mode

Vorkuta
Beginner

Hello.

Just purchased Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) with Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz installed. After some time i discovered that wireless adapter does not want to run in 802.11 AC mode at default settings recommended here - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

latptop wifi connection works stable, no problem with drivers or system (win 10 home) but connects only at Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) - 300/300 (Mbps)

latest drivers both from wendor website and Intel website - installed (21.110.2.1). driver rollback, de-installation, reinstallation - tried. Tried connection on both home wifi router (Sercomm) and professional AP (Zyxel NWA1123-AC HD) in office - no difference. as a network administrator i checked Zyxel AP internal settings and can definetely confirm 802.11ac 5GHz is enabled in settings and other clients (e.g. smartphones) can access it at full speed.

the only way i can FORCE Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 adapter to connect at full speed is to settle driver settings to (1) 5GHz 802.11a + (3) 802.11ac in advanced tab. then it connects at Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac). but in this case - band is forced to 5GHz only and laptop cannot work at other networks where this band is missing. 

pls advise if any additional setting /improvement steps could be done in order to solve this problem? based on discussion at other forums with owners of similar laptops, they have similar problem with connection at full speed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Vorkuta, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

This is not an expected behavior, due to the fact that you did an extensive trouble shooting like: 

Based on this, it seems to be a problem related directly to your system. Since it is a new laptop, I will highly recommend you to check either with the place of purchase, or the OEM to check any possible hardware inspections, and a replacement if needed.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Vorkuta, 

I hope our previous recommendation was useful for you.

As mentioned, this is not an expected behavior. Since you made en extensive testing and it is a brand new computer, it would be better to check either with the place of purchase, or the OEM to check any possible hardware inspections, and a replacement if needed.  

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this post will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos