Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 #2. Device cannot start. (Code 10)

CLoll1
Beginner

Please find attached the System Support Utility file.

Yesterday wifi was working fine, left the room and came back to find this issue.

Of course I tried using the Windows network troubleshooter first but I've also tried system restores, I've done a full reset while keeping personal files, I've tried updating the drivers through device manager (told I'm up to date), I've tried updating the drivers through Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (although the software update for Windows 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel Wireless Adapters keeps failing), and I've uninstalled Intel PROSet/Wireless Software (v20.30.0) and reinstalled it from Intel's website. I believe you can see my laptop's details in the SSU report - I included details for everything just in case but I think you may just need the network report?

Troubleshooter reports that the adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems. I don't believe it's hardware related however because the time between working and not working the laptop was simply sitting on the desk?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CLoll1,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Based on the description of the issue, we recommend performing a clean installation of both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers.

Support article: Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

Step 1: Get the latest system-specific driver from your computer manufacturer support.

Use the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) first.

Q536FD drivers

Wireless Version V20.60.0.1530.05

BlueTooth Version V20.60.0.4

Step 2: Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver.

Windows* may have an inbox Wi-Fi driver for your wireless adapter. You can't uninstall an inbox driver (you won't see the "Delete the driver software for this device" option). Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it’s uninstalled.

1. Go to Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter/Bluetooth and choose to uninstall it.
  4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
  5. Restart your computer.

Step 3: Driver installation.

Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion.

If the issue perists, try to use the latest generic drivers available in the Download Center.

Wi-Fi version 21.70.0

Bluetooth version 21.70.0

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CLoll1
Beginner

Thank you Wanner for your quick reply.

Regrettably I tried these instructions with the OEM drivers, I tried it with the generic drivers, and I also just tried it with "automatically download manufacturer's apps and custom icons" turned off in system properties and my problem persists. I then tried to use the driver and support assistant again only to receive this contradiction - not sure if it helps but I thought I'd include it anyway.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CLoll1,

Thank you for the update, please let us know if you can perform these steps:

• With the computer on, perform a cold reboot:
  1. Hold the power button down until the system powers off.
  2. Check if the problem persists.

• If the problem persists, try this:
  1. Turn off the computer. 
  2. Remove the battery and reseat it (only if your computer battery is removable)
  3. Please refer to the computer's manual for more information.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
CLoll1
Beginner

I appreciate your effort but these two suggestions did not solve the problem either. I've caved and taken the computer to Geek Squad and if they can't solve the issue I only have a month left on my manufacturer's warranty so I'll have to send it right away and won't have time to risk other solutions.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CLoll1,

Thank you for the update.

In this scenario, this could actually be a hardware issue. For this reason, what we can recommend is that you contact our Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for further support and/or warranty options.

Best regards,

Wanner G.

0 Kudos