Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 cannot start Help

T21
Novice
My Dell laptop was working fine yesterday. I was connected and online for hours. I turn my laptop on today and it cannot recognize any networks. My WiFi at home is working so it is not the wifi. How do I fix the network adapter?
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is often a switch (sometime a mechanical switch, sometimes a soft switch) on the laptop for having wireless on or off.  You may have inadvertently turned it off.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
T21
Novice
If that is the case, where would I find a switch?
Thanks
0 Kudos
T21
Novice
I've uninstalled the network adaptor above and shut it down multiple times. I ran the troubleshoot and reset the network multiple times as well. Nothing is working.
Jup2
Novice
I have the same problem. 2-3 days ago the wifi stopped working properly. I need to restart several times or disconnect and connect again to get back. But if restart, the wifi will disappear again. help! AC 9260
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Based upon a suggestion in another thread, try disabling Fast Boot in BIOS and Fast Start in Windows. Shutdown and power off and then begin testing again from power on. It was shown to be an issue for Bluetooth at least and maybe Wireless overall.

Let us know if this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Jup2
Novice
for that, i need to change the bios settings from UEFI to Legacy on dell notebooks ... right?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

When it is implemented as a 'soft' feature, it is typically exposed as an alternate capability on one of the Function keys. Look for one of the keys having a WiFi antenna symbol on it.

When it is implemented as a 'hard' feature, it is typically a small mechanical switch on the side of the laptop. In the laptops that I have used over the years, the switch was typically found on the left-hand side of the laptop.

I personally like the hard implementation. I like having an implementation that does not depend upon the software being used. I also like being able to just glance at the switch to know its state.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Jup2
Novice

Do you mean opening the notebook and reseating the network device?

It seems to be a software problem. When resetting the network settings, the wifi returns normally. But, if you restart your PC or shut it down, it will probably disappear and I need to reset the settings again.

Jup2_0-1614002393494.png

0 Kudos
T21
Novice

Hi everyone. Thank you for your suggestions. I ended up downloading  and updating the network adapter drive and a few other things.

It is working now.

0 Kudos