Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel WIFI 6 AX201 CANNOT START ERROR CODE 10 AND OR CODE 43

Febrianto
Beginner

I have tried various ways on the internet and nothing works, if it works it just lasts a few hours and errors again.

I think this is a bug

0 Kudos
16 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Febrianto,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Did you notice the issue after a system update? 

4. When did you notice the issue?

5. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

6. What is the brand en model name of your router?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Febrianto
Beginner
  1. txt file below
  2. yes, this is original pre-installed
  3. yes I did, windows 11 update KB5010386 2/11/2022
  4.  when I'm playing a game and suddenly the wifi icon disappears. I think 2/12/2022
  5. laptop
  6. mostly I'm using a mobile hotspot not a wifi router
0 Kudos
kuys_gem
Beginner

since I update it windows 10 to window11

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Febrianto, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on your report, please try the following:

1. Perform a cold reboot.

• This refers to fully shutting down the device and removing all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, then repowering. 

2. Run Windows Update

3. Try the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
  2. Go to the Connections tab
  3. Click LAN Settings
  4. uncheck Automatically detect settings
  5. Uninstall your Antivirus Software

4. Perform a clean installation of the Intel drivers:

Let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Febrianto
Beginner

1. Is cold reboot by removing all sources of power and holding the power button until my PC turn off?

3. Is internet explorer settings in control panel-internet options?

0 Kudos
Febrianto
Beginner

I have tried this method, but every time I shutdown or restart the wifi still disappears and error code 43

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Febrianto, 

Thank you for your response. Before we continue I would like to confirm the following:

1. Were you able to updaet the drivers?

2. Were you able to run the Windows updates?

3. Not sure about the "control panel-internet options" that you mentioned, but the steps can be followed from the settings (Tools) option in Internet Explorer. Were you able to find the options?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Febrianto
Beginner
  1. yes, my current driver version now 22.110.1.1
  2. yes
  3. I don't know what Internet Explorer is, is That Edge browser? but I found same settings in control panel->internet options. Image below.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Febrianto, 

Thanks for the information provided. In this case "Internet explorer" is just another browser but there is no need to use it since you found the options.

If the previous steps did not work what you can try at this point is to reinstall the operating system. 

Also, I recommend you to check this issue with Asus for further steps and recommendations. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
OzzyLyonne
Novice

Hi Deivid,

This issue is related to INTEL. Not Asus or other computer brand. Intel should provide a solution and stop blaming other kind of brands.

kuys_gem
Beginner

same problem

0 Kudos
OzzyLyonne
Novice

I know the solution but a company such as intel not giving attention to us is making me crazy. Kuys_gem are you using a laptop?

0 Kudos
kuys_gem
Beginner

yes

0 Kudos
ws2023
Beginner

I have an Acer Aspire laptop and was experiencing the same bug. 

I tried Windows update, bios update, installing driver software from Intel's site, and also installing driver software from Acer's website. Every time I rebooted after trying something, the problem persisted.

None of these worked.

What actually worked was the cold reboot. I turned the laptop upside down and stuck a pin inside the battery reset slot until the laptop turned off. When I started it again...TADA! Wifi was working again.

0 Kudos
Alex_MSIGF65Thin10UE
Same problem here. Only thing that helps is physically detaching the battery.

But it still re-appears at least once a week, I can't keep doing this, my managers are angry that instead of working I am dissasembling my laptop.

Would replacing the wifi chip to a different one solve this solution?
Or what other solutions I have besides buying a new laptop?
0 Kudos
OzzyLyonne
Novice

I really do not want to help Intel and their incompetent employees but the exact solution for laptops is removing the battery and/or removing the wifi card and connecting again. It may repeat again after some months because of a nonsense driver update. I really tell you Intel is a worthless company.

0 Kudos