Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Intel WIFI 6E AX210 Very Weak Signal

StudyHacks
Novice

I have the latest driver from 03-29-2023. The strongest signal I've got is 2 bars.

StudyHacks_0-1687089173579.png

Reset the PC's network settings, no results. Tried older drivers, no results. Run a Windows Update check, no results.

My laptop is in the same room and it's got 5 bars signal strength with impeccable speed and performance.

15 Replies
StudyHacks
Novice

Why haven't the Intel support techs replied to this thread yet??? Absolutely infuriating. 

0 Kudos
StudyHacks
Novice

Also since I cannot edit posts, I'll also add: My bluetooth is also based on Intel drivers and my bluetooth, too, constantly cuts out every 2-3 seconds so much so I cannot use my bluetooth wireless headsets. Again, latest drivers installed, triple-checked.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello StudyHacks

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing a low WiFi signal on your system with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 adapter.

Please share with us the following information to better assist:

• Is this the original adapter that came preinstalled on your system?
  • Was it working fine previously?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
StudyHacks
Novice

Yes, it is

I have no point of reference as prior to 3 days ago, I had been using Ethernet ever since I got the PC.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Have you ensured that the antenna leads are properly connected to the card and that the antenna leads are not damaged? This is the case in almost every weak signal report I have seen.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
StudyHacks
Novice
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello StudyHacks

Thank you for the information, please let's try the following:

• Based on the log file that you provided you are using the driver version 22.220.0.4. Please install and test the latest driver provided by your motherboard manufacturer which is at the moment the most optimized for your system the version will be 22.200.0.6. Do a clean installation.
  • If the issue persists, update and install the latest generic driver available on our website version 22.230.0.
  • If the issue persists update your BIOS to the latest version available on your motherboard manufacturer's website. Once updated reset the BIOS settings to defaults,
  • Once the above steps are completed, Go to Device Manager > Wireless adapters. Right Click on the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) > Click on properties > Go to the Advanced tab. On the advanced tab make sure the device is configured as outlined in our recommended settings page.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello StudyHacks

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
StudyHacks
Novice

It didn't help. The problem remains

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello StudyHacks

Allow me to check this issue with our team for further steps. I will post back once we have more information for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello StudyHacks

Thank you for your patience. Based on the troubleshooting we have done so far and taking into consideration the behavior of your wireless adapter has not changed. The best next step is that you directly contact your motherboard manufacturer for further troubleshooting and hardware inspections as there is a possibility of a defective motherboard/wireless adapter.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello StudyHacks

I see there are no further questions related to this topic so we will proceed to close this thread. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. It may not be a motherboard compatibility issue because I had put in another Intel WiFi adapter which was Intel AC 9260.

I replaced it with AX210. The AX210 has about 10dbm lower. It is a big difference.

Please show us the catalog base receiving sensitivity for AC 9260 and AX210.

0 Kudos
SarderZakirHossain

I am facing the exactly same problem on my Intel AX210 adapter.

Please fix the issue ASAP.

Thanks

Sarder Zakir Hossain

<email removed>

0 Kudos
ilghezzi
Beginner

I have a Dell 7770 with the same WiFi and Bluetooth adapter and the same things described above apply to me too.
compared to other notebooks I use (Dell 7730, Simatic Field PG, Panasonic CF52) the WiFi signal is lower, sometimes much lower.
even in the factory I'm using the Dell 7730 because the 7770 doesn't allow me to have a stable signal with the machines.
the same thing described above also happens for bluetooth, the mouse stops working from time to time.
to restore the bluetooth connection I have to turn bluetooth off and on again.
this thing has improved with the latest drivers but is still not at the level of the old WiFi / Bluetooth card present in the Dell 7730.
I had to install a WiFi extender at home to improve the signal on my new Dell 7770 notebook which costs 4000 euros, but I certainly can't install an extender even in the factories where I go to work.

0 Kudos