Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz - keeps dropping internet

JMora56
Beginner

During the first 2 weeks it was working flawlessly, but now Internet connection keeps dropping all the time. I checked the Event Viewer on Windows 10 and every 30s I get a few errors/warings related to Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz.

More precisely, I get these events over and over again:

- La interfaz de red "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz" ha comenzado su restablecimiento. Habrá una interrupción momentánea de la conectividad de red mientras se restablece el hardware. Motivo: The network driver requested that it be reset. Esta interfaz de red se ha restablecido 17 veces desde la última vez que se inicializó.

- 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : error interno.

- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : se determinó que el adaptador de red no está funcionando correctamente.

I do not know why it stopped working, I did not change/update any driver.

I tried clean installing the Bluetooth and Wifi drivers (most up to date version), but problem persists.

Running on MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Motherboard with AMR Ryzen i5 2600.

Thank you very much in advance,

Jose

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and save the report to a file. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach this file to a response post.

...S

JMora56
Beginner

Dear Scott,

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

Please find attached the report file, hope it helps.

Looking forward to your kind reply.

Jose

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I (and Intel Customer Support personnel) will look at the file and see whether we see anything. We'll let you know...

....S

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello JMora56,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

• Is this the original adapter that comes preinstalled by the system manufacturer?
  • Is this the only device with this behavior?
  • Do you see any error code in device manager? --> open device manager--> Network adapters ---> Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 right-click ''properties'' --> in general tab it can show if it works fine or error codes
  • Have you checked if the wireless antennas are properly connected?
  • Have you tried connecting and disconnecting the wireless card?

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JMora56
Beginner

Dear Adrian,

The issue got solved magically. 

In case it helps someone with similar issues, one of my chromecast devices was also having trouble with the wifi connection, so I decided to delete this device from the Google Home app (iOS) and then I added it again. 

After this, my issues with dropping wifi disappeared (both in chromecast and AX200), so I assume there was some kind of interference between them. 

Hope it lasts and its not an ilusion..

Thank you all for your kind help,

JM

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JMora56,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello JMora56,

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to know that you were able to solve this matter.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos