Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Intel Wifi 6e AX211 160mhz keeps crashing

prateekmody
Beginner

Hello Team Intel,

This problem has surfaced very recently. This particular driver keeps crashing nowadays. It functions fine while browsing the internet, but it always crashes whenever I play games online (on steam).

I have browsed the internet and it seems that a lot of other users have the same issue. To the best of my knowledge, this issue has not been resolved for any of the others.

My Laptop Specs:

Alienware X14

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎03-‎05-‎2023
OS build 22621.1992
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22644.1000.0

Is there any other info you need?

Hoping to find a solution for this.

Thanks

Prateek

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello prateekmody

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues when playing games on your laptop with Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 wireless adapter.

I see you mention the adapter crashes, Does it mean it randomly disconnects from the Wifi? Or, are you seeing any type of error message? Please describe the symptoms of the behavior that you see.

Also, create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
prateekmody
Beginner

Hello Hugo,

The problem seems to have been solved.

The issue was this: The drivers were not getting updated due to an incompatibility issue with Dell Alienware Laptops and Windows 11 OS. After solving this issue and updating drivers, the connection is stable now.

Thankyou for your time.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello prateekmody

It is good to know the issue was resolved. Thank you for sharing your findings with the community as they might be useful for other members experiencing the same issue.

Since the issue is now resolved we will be closing this thread, feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos