Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

Intel Wifi AX (No Internet) Intermittent

Nafis1
Novice

Hi,

My company using Dell Latitude 5420, Latitude 5430 and Precision 7560 on Windows 10 22H2 OS. All of this using Intel Wifi 6 AX card (AX201,AX210). 

Here we use Cisco Network with SSID WPA2-Enterprise (connected by certificate).

There issue when user facing in static scenario, even the Wifi is connected but the internet connection is loss. This take about few second then internet will be okay back. We have check on Cisco and Network team there no issue with the ISP, WLC, AP.

We have update latest BIOS, try several Wifi Driver version, issue still persists. 

We have check with user, when their at Home using PSK SSID Wifi (Password) there no issue.

I have found similar issue from other post
https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/WiFi6-AX201-160MHz-Capability-Reset-and-WiFi-Disconnection/m-p/1373459/highlight/true

May I know if there any global incompatibility issue on this AX card when using WPA2 Enterprise wifi?

When I check into device WLAN Report, it will show error 4042,
Capability change on {6c76a799-776e-456d-bb44-356cc20d4e71} (0x47008000000000 Family: V4 Capability: None ChangeReason: NoAddress)

Nafis1_0-1684462463616.png

0 Kudos
23 Replies
CV-GED
Beginner

Hello,
any news?

We also have the problem with all Dell laptops (Latitude 9520, 7320, 5520, 5530; Windows10/11 & Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201).

Regards,

CV

0 Kudos
jpart_777
Beginner

Same issue here, problematic laptops are with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 wifi card. Laptops are Lenovo & Dell. Wifi works usually between 1-3 days and then suddenly "No Internet connection". When the problem appears, it migh repeat 3 times in hour and then wifi might work for 2 days.

I've been updating Intel driver when new version is released but the problem is not solved. Current driver version is 23.60.1.2

We have been giving external wifi dongles with different brand of wifi chip to users to bypass the problem but this is not very convenient way to handle this.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The best thing I can suggest (it's worked before) is to try doing a clean install. Here is a step-by-step process (use your adapter name where it says AX200 if you have an AX201/AX210/AX211, etc.): 

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649.
  2. Most important! Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable *must* be of type that will persist and stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip forward to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an Intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, skip forward to Step 12.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Repeat step 7 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is not offered (greyed out).
  9. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  10. Repeat step 9 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is not offered (greyed out).
  11. Go back to Step 5.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Note that it sometimes takes multiple uninstall (and reboot) cycles to clean out the old installations, so don't give up on the process. If you get to, say, 10 cycles, stop there and attempt the installation of the latest drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos