Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wifi AX201 loosing connection during heavy load

RedPanda
Beginner

Greetings,

i'm currently working in an environment with several HP ProDesk 400 G6 Mini's.

All of those include Intel AX201 (2x2 - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth M.2 combo card (non-vPro).

For networking, all those devices are connected via wifi to a Linksys WRT54GL.

As of right now all usual network activities like browsing, downloading/uploading files and accessing a network share works pretty good.

The only problem i currently encounter is that for some reason a third-party backup software seems to randomly produce problems while backing up the clients to the local NAS (via SMB2).

While analyzing the problem and searching through the windows event log i stumpled upon some errors produced by the named wifi card. While further investigating this i found out, that those errors repeatedly appear in the event log (pretty much every day for several times). Especially when running the third-party backup software.

I was able to reduce all errors to those three:

Source: Netwtw10

1. 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

2. 5005 - Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Internal failure

3. 5002 - Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Malfunction of network adapter was found.

Now i would like to know what could cause those errors, what they are meaning and how i could get rid of them.

// Additional data:

Client OS: Windows 10 64bit Professional

OS Version: 21H1

CFurrently installed wifi card drivers (from HP): 22.70.0.6 Rev.A

I have attached the event log.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

RedPanda, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RedPanda
Beginner

Hello,

yes i still need help with solving this problem.

To answer some of your questions:

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

I dont know. This is some proprietary Mainboard from HP (HP ProDesk 400 G6 Mini - Intel i5-10500T)

This is not a Laptop as i already stated in the starter post. It's a Mini PC from HP (HP ProDesk 400 G6 Mini).

The router is a Linksys WRT45G.

Is this a new computer?

We currently have two of those machines (HP ProDesk 400 G6 Mini - both with I5-10500T). Both have the exact same problem. Both are pretty much new, bought around a month ago.

I'm not exactly sure if i can verify this. I discovered the problem while using Third-Party Backup Software. Other applications like internet browser, office etc. seemed working fine before. However i did take a look at the eventviewer in windows 10 when i encountered this issue. There i found the 3 errors i mentioned in the first post right when the Third-Party Backup Software failed. I also noticed that the exact same error were constantly showing up (in the exact same order) in the eventviewer dating back since both machines were set up. So i guess the problem exists since the beginning. I just never noticed it because most Software except the Third-Party Backup Software were more resilient to it.

Well, both machines were set up for the first time around a month ago. No changes since then.

-> Windows 10 21H1 is installed

-> According to windows and HP Update assistant the newest updates and drivers are installed

-> Intel Wifi AX201 driver version: 22.70.0.6 Rev.A (origin HP)

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

It came preinstalled.

You can find more ifnormation about that exact Model on the HP website: https://support.hp.com/ch-de/document/c06713453

Both machines are only used in a working environment.

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

I currently don't have access to those machines. I do however have the eventviewer exported on one of those machiens which i could provide if this helps.

The next time if have access to those will be in around 2 weeks.

I hope this helps to narrow it down a little bit more.

0 Kudos
RedPanda
Beginner

Okey, this seems odd. I just replied on this thread and for some odd reason the reply got flagged as spam.

Trying to answer again:

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

RedPanda, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

I don't know. This is some proprietary model of HP.

This is not a laptop. The exact model was already stated in the first post. It is a Mini PC (HP ProDesk 400 G6 - intel i5 10500T). You can look up all the specifications on the HP website.

The router is a Syslink WRT45G.

Is this a new computer?

We have two of them. Both are pretty much brand new (bought around a month ago).

Not sure how to verify this but i think pretty much since the beginning. It just went unnoticed a couple of weeks.

Both machines were just set up and seemed to work fine (office, browser, emails etc.). Just when we started using a Third-Party Software for Backups and this Software always seemed to fail, we discovered the errors in eventviewer the exact time.

Those errors repeatedlyappear in eventviewer and seem to date back since both machines got set up. It just looks like most software is resilient enough to not crash/reconnect because of them.

No. Both machines got congigured and updated to the latest Windows version and drivers:

- Windows 10 21H1

- Drivers updatet with HP Support Assistant

- Intel Wifi AX201 driver version: 22.70.0.6 Rev.A (origin HP)

No other changes since then.

It came preinstalled in the machines.

Both machines are only used in a work environment.

I currently don't have direct access to those machines. I can try this in around two weeks. I do however have the eventviewer log of one of the machines saved. I can provide this if this helps any further.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello RedPanda, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello RedPanda, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
RedPanda
Beginner

Okey, this seems odd. I just replied on this thread and for some odd reason the reply got flagged as spam.

0 Kudos