Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working

MNguy21
Novice

I just bought an Intel NUC and had it running and working for a couple of days. Yesterday, I was streaming music to my bluetooth speakers and then it stopped. I checked device manager and bluetooth is not showing error code 43. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the intel website but the issue remains. I am currently running windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. attached is the DXDIAG

0 Kudos
170 Replies
OBonf
Beginner

Having Same issue on my D54250WYK NUC, got the 7260HMW today, the Wireless is working but the Bluetooth Keeps showing error Code 43 with driver version 3.1.1309 or Security descriptor error with driver version 3.1.1311. with Windows 8.1 Pro x64 as well.

@Maibad31 can you remember what driver were you using when it did work. what did you when you installed it that it worked. Have you installed something lately maybe this is what is causing the card to not work on my NUC as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MNguy21
Novice

, It worked straight out the box. I then decided to update all the drivers because some USB and other devices showed error. I had all the drivers up to date and it was still working. I don't remember what driver I had installed for Bluetooth but it was working fine and then stopped. I don't think I was updating anything when it stopped working. It was sort of a fluke. I'm not sure but I am running the same thing you are.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you try uninstalling the Bluetooth* drivers from device manager and restart?

0 Kudos
MNguy21
Novice

Joe,

I did try that and it did not fix the issue. However, I was trying to fix another issue with my NUC bootable drive by opening the unit and removing the ssd and putting it back in to see if it would help with that issue (it does not). It did however give me back bluetooth. The drivers on there are different somehow. 2 new devices showed up under bluetooth. I have attached an image. So far it is working but I don't know why the SSD would impact bluetooth.

MNguy21
Novice

Bluetooth also showed up under network adapters

0 Kudos
NBark2
Beginner

Hi, this is solved for me now, just want to share my experience and also give my thanks to Maibad31.

I have (like most of you) a NUC D54250WYK running on win8.1 (64 bit). Here is my story...

1. Bought the AC7260 and installed it in the NUC.
  2. Powered on on the NUC.
  3. Both wireless and BT worked, without installing Intels drivers. However the BT device was recognized as a generic BT device.
  4. Then BT stopped working, without doing any installation of anything. However there where probably some maintenance upgrade for Win8.1 installed (impossible to remember the exact dates of various updates, but my BT stopped around Christmas, i.e. when this thread was created).
  5. I tried installing Intels drivers and uninstalling over and over again. Nothing worked, always Error 43.
  6. Then I found this strange suggestion (thanks Maibad31) to disassemble and assemble the SSD (and AC7260). Everything was in place when I dissambled the SSD and AC7260, so there where not anything loose.
  7. Power on the NUC, works like a charm (this time with Intels drivers, which was the last drivers installed). And just like Maibad31, Microsoft Enumerator devices suddenly appeared.
0 Kudos
OBonf
Beginner

Hey Joe, I tried to uninstall the drivers several times with installing 1309 and 1311 interchangeably to see if one of them would do the trick.

I have tried to re-fit the SSD as Maibad31 suggested helped him as well as trying to re-fit the Wireless AC 7260, but it does not fix my issue. I have also tried connecting only the main antenna which of course had no effect on the BT.

Bluetooth still show code 43 with the 1309 driver or Unknown device descriptor with the 1311 driver.

Can you please advise on this issue.

Omer

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Folks, kindly provide two pictures of the Intel® NUC board, one with the wireless adapter and one without it; both without the SSD. Please make sure the whole installation area is visible.

0 Kudos
MNguy21
Novice

Here you go. Like I said, it is working now, I just don't understand how reinserting the SSD made it work again but there might be an issue for Omer since that did not help him fix it.

0 Kudos
OBonf
Beginner

Hey Joe,

Sorry for the delay, I was not home to reply. please see attached two images of the board, Hope this helps in understanding what is going on.

Thanks again

Omer

0 Kudos
OBonf
Beginner

Hey Joe, any news about this issue? still haven't resolved it.

0 Kudos
OHolm1
Novice

The same thing happens to me: Bluetooth stopped working on my new nuc D54250WYK NUC and Intel network 7260AC. Driver installed is 1311_e64. Tried almost Everything but the problem consisth.

I get the message:

(Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

and in event log:

(Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service BTHUSB for Device Instance ID USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC\6&5B88C03&0&4 with the following status: 0.)

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp

Date: 2013-12-29 16:57:16

Event ID: 20001

Task Category: (7005)

Level: Information

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: Köket

Description:

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver ibtfltcoexhs_wp8_rk.inf_amd64_aea5601be10c71ca\ibtfltcoexhs_wp8_rk.inf for Device Instance ID USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC\6&5B88C03&0&4 with the following status: 0x0.

Event Xml:

http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

0x8000000000000000

System

Köket

http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/windows/userpnp">

ibtfltcoexhs_wp8_rk.inf_amd64_aea5601be10c71ca\ibtfltcoexhs_wp8_rk.inf

Intel Corporation

USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC\6&5B88C03&0&4

{E0CBF06C-CD8B-4647-BB8A-263B43F0F974}

false

false

true

0x0

Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + HS Adapter

How to resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
JScot5
Beginner

I get similar problems on a Sony Vaio Pro 13 with an Intel N-7260 adapter running Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I have used a number of drivers Sony have provided and all exhibit the issue. The latest of which is 3.1.1311.400. I have also tried another version 3.1.1311.402 and the same problem persists,

If my understanding is correct and we are having the same problem the supposed workaround is to disable power management of the device by opening the Bluetooth adapter entry in device manager > power management tab > uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power".

The following is a list of observations I sent to Sony when I had the problem:

1. Resumed Laptop from lid closed and not connected to AC.
  2. Shortly afterwards I find that the mouse is not working. Switching the mouse off and on does not get the device working again.
  3. When I check device manager. A Yellow bang is displayed for Bluetooth Adapter. In the device status code 43 is displayed. When I look in event viewer it shows 2 x EventID 3 - (A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.) and then 1 Event ID 17 (The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.).
  4. Switched Bluetooth off and back on. Device disappears from device manager.
  5. Restart laptop. Device manager shows no bluetooth adapter but "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) with status of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

Although no expert it looks like it's an OS issue with the device coming from low power mode perhaps? The OS thinks that the adapter has failed for whatever reason then unloads the driver.

I hope this information is helpful and if there's anything more I can do to provide information to any party to resolve this problem please let me know.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I believe we have different scenarios here that are producing same Code 43 issue. Therefore, I will try to address them separately for each one of you.

Maibad31, please try updating your BIOS and make sure the wireless adapter is fitting properly into the slot.

OmerBonfil, I have sent you a private message.

Apprendi, also try updating your BIOS and make sure the wireless adapter is fitting properly into the slot. If the issue persists please provide similar pictures to the ones posted above.

Advis, this thread is mainly dealing with Intel® NUCs, but for now let me ask you: Was this wireless adapter preinstalled by the system manufacturer or was it a personal upgrade over a previous existing one?

0 Kudos
JScot5
Beginner

Thanks for your reply Joe. I am using an adapter pre-installed by Sony. I appreciate it's not a NUC but the problem sounds similar so I wondered if there were some common factors.

0 Kudos
PCree
Novice

Hi Joe,

I've bought an Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK with the Intel 7260 Wifi + BT card.

I've installed OpenELEC. Within OpenELEC the wifi signal/adapter is always available within OpenELEC.

Bluetooth is only working after unplugging the NUC. So when I unplug the NUC, start OpenELEC, I can connect with my bluetooth devices. Once rebooted, OpenELEC doesn't find the adapter any more. When I unplug, problem is solved until the next reboot/restart.

Is this also related to bad installation although unplugging seems to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Piet

Edit: I've just tried with my old Belkin USB bluetooth dongle. Bluetooth is never a problem, even after frequent reboots, my Logitech keyboard is always able to connect. I've already removed both mSata en 7260-card ... no changes in behavior. Problem still persists after reboot. It has to be something with 7260 in combination with the NUC firmware ...

0 Kudos
CTana1
Beginner

Same thing for me on a Thinkpad E531 i7 with windows 8.1 x64, the wireless was an upgrade to my original system.

0 Kudos
GElle
Novice

I'm experiencing the same problem with my AC 7260. The Bluetooth does not work, I have tried the Generic Windowd driver, BT_3.1.1311_e164 and BT_3.1.1309_e164 but the problem persists.

I bought the card and installed it in my MSI GE60-0ND with no problems, wifi works very well both 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz.

When using the Generic driver and 1311/1309 the Bluetooth icon will be normal for a brief moment in Device Manager but after few seconds it'll sport that shiny yellow ! triangle we all love. This happens when I turn on/off Bluetooth using a software from MSI. - Note the only hardware change is under "Bluetooth" - Nothing else gets changed (I would have thought Bluetooth would also appear under Network Adapters).

I have spent quite some time reading these forums and battled google for days trying to find a solution but after all this time I can only say that A LOT of people are having this problem.

joe_intel : I've seen you trying to help lots of people regarding this issue and we all appreciate that, however, Intel really needs to step up their game and fix this issue. None sooner than last year...

Edit: spelling/typos

0 Kudos
GElle
Novice

oh and I'm running win8.1

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

So, it appears to be mostly an integration issue. Since we were first commenting about the issue in Intel® NUCs I would like to suggest the following:

Intel® NUC users: please make sure the wireless adapter is fitting properly; otherwise we need to see pictures such as the ones requested earlier.

Laptops or other third party branded systems: The integration of wireless adapters is only supported by the respective system manufacturer; please contact the manufacturer in order to check which wireless adapter models are validated for your system. More information in the following articles:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-011644.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Why doesn't my laptop recognize my new Intel� wireless adapter?

0 Kudos