Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working

MNguy21
Novice

I just bought an Intel NUC and had it running and working for a couple of days. Yesterday, I was streaming music to my bluetooth speakers and then it stopped. I checked device manager and bluetooth is not showing error code 43. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the intel website but the issue remains. I am currently running windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. attached is the DXDIAG

0 Kudos
170 Replies
SChew1
Beginner

I have the same problem and can reproduce it pretty consistently. I have Windows 8.1 installed and whenever I shutdown the NUC for more than an hour, I will get error 43 in device manager. However, this happens when I keep the NUC connected to the AC adapter when it's shutdown.

When I unplug the AC adapter from the NUC when it's powered down and then plug the AC adapter back in before powering up, I still get the error 43 in device manager, but I merely have to disable Bluetooth and re-enable to get it working properly.

So this is not a fitting issue. I have to power cycle the NUC by unplugging the AC adapter first and plugging it back in before every power up.

Additionally, I have updated the BIOS and drivers for the NUC.

One way to get around the issue is to instead put the NUC in sleep mode instead of shutting down.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Does this happen after a BIOS recovery?

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034524.htm Intel� NUC Boards and Kits; BIOS Recovery Update Instructions

0 Kudos
PCree
Novice

It happened already with the original provided BIOS 0022.

I've upgraded succesfully to 0023, but no difference.

I've never had un interrupted BIOS-update ... so a recovery was never applicable.

Thanks for helping troubleshouting!

0 Kudos
PCree
Novice

Dear Joe,

Can you please provide us with an update?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Im experiencing the exact same issue with the i5 NUC and the 7260 card, both Intel. Bluetooth works from a cold boot after the Power Supply is disconnected completely and re conneted. after 1 or more sleep session, it appears to start acting wonky. A warm os/bios reboot doesn't seem to fix the problem... Also, device does not seem capable of remote wake from a bluetooth keyboard.

Please fix this problem, as i now need to go buy USB Bluetooth dongles to work around this.

file under # intelfail (on an otherwise great product)

0 Kudos
JWira
Beginner

I have the exact same problem as pcm and leosabii,

I'm running an Intel NUC D54250WYK with the AC 7260 Wifi/BT chip with latest Ubuntu and BIOS 0023. The proposed work around, unplugging the AC adapter, works for me as well.

Have Intel confirmed that this is an issue with the adapter + FW?

Thanks in advance,

BR Jonas

RStr_
Beginner

I have the exact same problem with a Intel NUC 53427-HYE and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth.

After shutdown and then normal PowerOn, bluetooth is not working. It all starts working again after I unplug the power cord.

0 Kudos
PCree
Novice

It seems it is OS independed.

OpenELEC, Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu are suffering from this malfunctioning... I hope it will/can be fixed quickly!

0 Kudos
glee20
Novice

many people in china have the same bluetooth problem (thinkpad x240 240s t440 t44s ) + 7260 11ac .

why ????

can intel fellow solve the 7260 11ac bluetooth problem ???

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Gordon_lee, this thread deals with the issue in Intel® NUC systems but I see you created a new thread so I will follow up with you there.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I have been informed just recently this is being investigated and there is a plan to release new software to fix the issue. Please stand by and thank you for your patience.

LMoss
Novice

I confirm that this problem also exists for the 7260 device installed in the NUC DN2820FYKH. This is the single band N device. Not the AC device.

The Bluetooth device disappears after a while (sleep?) and can be restored by disconnecting the the NUC power supply for a minute.

0 Kudos
GGreg5
Beginner

Any news on this Joe? It's been a few weeks now. Can't use Bluetooth at all.

0 Kudos
PCree
Novice

Hi Joe,

Do you have any update? Will it be a driver or BIOS update? I hope it will be a BIOS update

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
MMISS28
Beginner

Did you get anywhere with you're check? Update would be useful.

I'm having the same code 43 issue. Event Viewer (System) has an error saying. "The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used." There is also a warning just before it saying "A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond".

0 Kudos
leon_s_Intel
Employee

Trere are few things I am willing to try. First of all check the Sony Bluetooth drivers. 13" flip model uses the same adapter. I know for a fact Sony uses october release drivers as a part of the driver package. then I am planning to check Dell drivers and installation package. Dell uses the same board on a XPS model and it works really well.

I also ordered new Broadcom adapter to rule out hardware issue and go from there. My adapter does work right now

as long as I do not reboot the laptop. I had to remove all broadcom dravers and associations. and after that driver loads with no problems. I'll be out on vacation for the next two weeks. Hopefully Intel will release a new BT driver package by then. They 've been promising to release a new set for a few month now and if this is does not work I am not planning to go above and beyoung fixing someone's screwups, if the Broadcom adapter will work I'll toss this one in a garbage and forget the whole thing.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hi Joe,

been a month since my first post.

any ETA on a BIOS (or otherwise) update to this issues.?.. seems like a nasty bug, and for those utilizing bluetooth mice and keyboard, it really puts on the kibosh.

0 Kudos
SSven2
Beginner

I have the same problem with my Intel D54250WYK NUC, latest bios.

The first time when the bluetooth stopped working I did like the rest , reinstalled the driver but without success.

I opened the NUC and checked that the cables was installed correctly (most have been because it worked for a couple of weeks without problem) , found no problem with the installation of the ac 7260.

Next time when I powered on the NUC the bluetooth worked again for a couple of weeks.

Today I discovered the bluetooth issue again and I'm not very happy.

I hope Intel have a solution within a couple of weeks.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
MMISS23
Beginner

Just wanted to tag this thread since I'm experiencing the same thing. The fix that works for me for a few days is to reseat the card and antennas but it's happened three separate times now. Config: 7260AC+BT4 with DC53427HYE.

0 Kudos
KCaud
Beginner

I too am having the same issue but with AC7260 + BT for Desktop. Win 8.1. Bluetooth worked for a little while then quit. I'm also not able to connect with any stability at 5.2GHz, only 2.4GHz. All of my other household devices connect and are stable with the Motorola SBG6782AC.

I'll also be interested in the fix. Thanks.

0 Kudos